Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Show, 2005

Hello people,

This message is mainly directed to the oficials of the society.

I would just like to thank you on such a great show. It was my first time seeing it, and it was much much better than I thought. There was everything i wanted an more.

It just goes to show how much of a hole i live in (norfolk).... There is nothing down here that provides such great quality livestock as well as equipment. I got just what I wanted. (Even a tall glass tank with vents).... i have never seen that before. But I feel it's a muct when keeping Avic Avic.

There was just one problem......... I'm now skint. I'm going to tell my girlfriend it's all your fault lol.

Thanks again BTS

Kind Regards,

Matthew Z

It was a great show. A bit larger than the last one I went to, some five years back, with what felt like a lot more people in attendance.
    I failed to get what I wanted (too late, sold out) but still came home with a nice selection of spiderlings to feed and lovingly grow.
    Nice to meet Mr. Portman, a very friendly chap and as for Ray Hale, anyone who recognises a Space Ritual tattoo is 'cool as ****' in my book.
    I will certainly be attending a bit more regularly from here on in and who knows, may even enter a few of the contests.
    Top job chaps, give yourself a well deserved slap on the back and a 'normous drink of choice.

Thanks!

Ian

Comment

THANK YOU ALL

Your words are extremely gratifying. Thank you very much. In my opinion - and I have said it many times before - what makes the BTS show so different from any other is its friendliness. We are all one 'clan' who love the same things and it shows.

Ray and Angela have worked their cotton socks off at all hours to make the show. With the help of the rest of the committee AND other volunteers the show was a raging success. Chief 'doorman' Lee was in fine form and facilitated the throughput of hundreds of visitors.

And what of the visitors. The show is nothing without all of YOU. YOU make the effort worthwhile. YOU keep the hobby going by purchasing spiders that traders breed. YOU deserve the pat on the back also.

To all those that kindly gave me scorpion specimens to get my 'colonies' going I am indebted to you. Thank you. A special mention to Mary and Trevor for winning the breeding trophy. You deserve it. You did something for the first time, you wrote about it for the members and your enthusiasm is unsurpassed. Fantastic.

As Ozzy would say - we love you all.

Carl and Su

PS. Sorry about my outrageous trousers!

Comment

some nice comments above, here are a few pics of the day.

Carl sets a shining example, he's got that glowing feeling

more

:gallon: takes the high ground

Tracy made me post this one.
        regards
        phil
        www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

The queue @ about 9am

the the ray gabriel road show arrives.

more

regards
          phil
          www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

I love those pics phil, I would just like to add to it that I had a great yet very tiring day, met lots of new people and had a chat with many familiar faces.
            I would especially like to thank Chris and Bo Sainsbury for being excellent house guests and I would like to thank them for bringing Stephen and Marco with them, it was a pleasure meeting you both and the children thought you were great.
            And our trip to Asda walmart will be a funny experience I will not forget in a hurry.

Comment

Yes it was a great day got a few nice bits and pieces but what made the day betetr was getting meet all me friends and making some new ones.

Carl that ornata is a evil little S*****t it those tonger were any shorter she would of had me. i even had gloves on this time too heheheh

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for a fantastic day. We got some stunning spiders, many of which I'd been after for a while. We had lots of fun when we got back putting all our purchases in their new homes. Congratulations on a brilliant show.
                My thoughts are already casting ahead to next year!

Comment

Poecilotheria ornasty

LOL, Hi Graeme,
                  I did say didn't I? She has an unbelievably nasty temperament. She is the definition of evil that one. She has tried to kill me many times. When she was a spiderling and Su tried to re-pot her, the ONLY way was to 'let her out' into the middle of the room and let her tire out. (The spider, not Su)

I know people say that ceratin species are docile and some are nasty, but as Graeme and the Hales will testify, THIS spider is the mother of all psycho's. She wants blood. She wants a victim...she wants martyrdom.

Be careful Graeme, sleep with one eye open. Imagine waking up with her in the attack position on your pillow...

I am ranting aren't I?

I am glad you like her though (and I know you do). I will miss her like hell but I needed more space and she needed to smell new blood

Oh and those photo's are excellent Phil.

Be good everyone - and remember to look out for a rampant ornata.

Comment

Just like to say that was probably the best BTS i have been to, big thanks to Ray and Co, for all the organising etc, same tables naxt year please.

Ray n Lesley

Comment

Yes truly a special show this year!

Well done Ray and Angela, for all the hard work put in both pre and during the exhibition.

A big thanks to the School as well, for having us back again this year. I hope the kids did not mind damp tables on monday morning. Boy did we all get wet, I can't do a thing with my hair now

If you have pictures please either post them here or send to me as we are going to put a few pages up about the show.

See you all there next year.

Regards
                      Mark
                      P.S I think I will resign a few days before next years expo so I can get a good look round the show for once. Mind you I did manage to buy my first tarantula in 8 years, at this show. Thanks RG for pointing those out to me!

------------------------------------------------------
                      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
                      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks to those of you who have posted kind words.

This year was awesome. I agree with Mark. One day I might actually get to see whats on sale. Mind you I wont buy anything

Highlights of the day.......Martin and his Rubber Chicken, Carl and his radioactive jacket, the new walky talkies(great fun and a godsend), the preshow drink and seeing old friends.

Lowlight of the day........ The 4.30am Saturday morning start, me falling over a wall at 7.00am and hurting my leg (severely), not buying anything and not being able to talk to old friends. We finally arrived home at 3.30pm on Monday

Still its great fun if not totally knackering and we will return next year with a bigger and better Exhibition.

PersonallyI would like to thank all the guys and gals that work there tushes off free of charge. Kim, Julie, Su and especially Angela who is incredible.

And not forgetting Lee who finally joined te BTS after working for us for the last 5 years...although I am yet to see his money. Nice to have a post show drink with Boris, Martin , Eddy and Gijbert ( hope thats right boys )

I will be posting a write up of the show soon.......see you all next year

Ray and Angela
                        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                        On
                        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

A fantastic show, just keeps getting better for me the more people I meet.
                          Good to meet up with old friends and make some new ones.

One suggestion for next year:

Bulldoze the central corridor and put the two halls next to each other to save my legs.

Failing that, Mark Tittertons Stena Stairlift idea would work....or provide rollerskates for all.

Well done to all involved - same time next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Lane
                            A fantastic show, just keeps getting better for me the more people I meet.
                            Good to meet up with old friends and make some new ones.

One suggestion for next year:

Bulldoze the central corridor and put the two halls next to each other to save my legs.

Failing that, Mark Tittertons Stena Stairlift idea would work....or provide rollerskates for all.

Well done to all involved - same time next year!
                            I agree!

Comment

YOU'VE GOT MORE FRONT THAN BLACKPOOL

Well what can I say other than bloody well done to Ray and Angela for all their hard work they put into organizesing, what must be the best BTS expo to date, It really makes a long drive worth the while.
                              You're only saying THAT to get a free pass next year!

Well done to all who won in the competitions (apart off course Ray G who beat me in the best new world terrestrial!...I'm sure he bribed the judges with some miranda slings lol ..... next time Ray Grrrrr).
                              And well done to those who came second or third in the competitions - you ALL did well.

It was nice catching up with all I caught up with and nice to meet a few new faces. Cheers for signing your book for me Mr Hale as soon as I master your signature I should be able to get lots of things on HP! (Don't mock Ray on this book signing Carl .....at least he sells them unsigned so the buyer has a choice to lower the value or not.)
                              Some people are funny without trying. You Mr 'Tesco' are trying without being funny. I don't mock your book...I mean what would happen if I said the same thing about your publication "Brass rubbings for winter evenings'?...exactly!

Thanks also to Dan Parker for among other things, the use of space on his table to sell our bits and bobs, and also a huge THANKYOU to Phil and Tracy Messenger for once again allowing us to stay over for the weekend, without you two I don't think our weekend would have happened and we always have a lump in our throats when we have to leave .

You are not supposed to use other people's tables, you are supposed to PAY into the BTS coffers you tightwad. The lump in your throat would have been a free handout hamburger I suppose????

Grrrrrrr

all the best

Chris & Bo xxx
                              Grumpy old git Portman xx

Comment

Working...
                              X