BTS Exhibition - Winners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
    Not that bad, i've seen worse..... especially that one of you in the pink tutu and purple cowboy hat

aye, just had good look and the telsons that lighter brown colour indicating imperator

P. imperator= telson a lighter colour (normally tan) than metasoma, heavily granulated outer face of chela, black colour overall (with blue tinge sometimes)

P. cavimanus= telson the same colour (or as close as) as metasoma, ungranulated appearence to outer face of chela, overall more brown colour.
    ahh good to know i'm not too far off
    my possible cavimanus has a nice blue tinge in the sunlight, too...but defo not imperator either.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_Kirk View Post
      Best African - Michael Scheller with Encyocratella olivacea. Surprisingly well behaved (as was the spider)!
      Think i´ve lost my energy at the evening before in the pub...

Thanks for the votes for my olivacea female, i´m very happy about the cup..

Michael

Comment

Colin, just noticed that comment...i thought that pic of me in the tutu was quite fetching
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
          i thought that pic of me in the tutu was quite fetching
          Almost to the point of being irresistable, you should wear it more often

Back on topic (sort of) i'm quite suprised that you didn't try and wrestle Dr. Stu's winning little brown spider off him .... just your cup of tea eh??
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Pete Lacey now has the last two BEST IN SHOW in his collection, Very luck man !

Well done to all the winners !

Pete do you also happen to have a copy of the best Picture, drawing etc ?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
              Almost to the point of being irresistable, you should wear it more often

Back on topic (sort of) i'm quite suprised that you didn't try and wrestle Dr. Stu's winning little brown spider off him .... just your cup of tea eh??
              now now, you'll make Jackie jealous LOL

haha i have no idea what that brown spider is...maybe Stuart will illuminate us! i did have a go, but he was looking and stopped me!
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

any chance of pics of the runners up??? i didn't get a chance to look again, so i missed some of the competition!
                also, if i'm honest, i'd love to show off some of my other beauties that i entered via other people's picture taking skills
                [/cheek]
                Last edited by James Box; 02-06-11, 11:57 AM.
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Sorry guys - I've had an incredibly hectic week and have been busy every night so far! I will make a big effort to post up some of the other photos I took on Saturday or Sunday.
                  Photos were, unfortunately, a little more rushed this year than usual!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_Kirk View Post
                    Sorry guys - I've had an incredibly hectic week and have been busy every night so far! I will make a big effort to post up some of the other photos I took on Saturday or Sunday.
                    Photos were, unfortunately, a little more rushed this year than usual!
                    ahh no problems matey, i was being cheeky anyway.
                    there were some lovely things on display...i liked that lambertoni with the permanent threat display!
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Would it be okay for me to post pics of my artwork here? I don't have any photos of the other artwork, sadly, as the entried were amazing and I was surprised I won. Would love to see photos of the art and photography entries.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Albops.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	94144

Name:	Blondi.jpg
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	94145

Name:	Smithi.jpg
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	94146

Comment

Wow theyr really good! And funny! Congrats!
                          David Attenborough:
                          ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

Hi,
                            is there any chance of the pics of the other prize winners bein shown :S
                            also i would like a copy of the 1 with me init if thats possible
                            cheers

Aarons Collection:

Comment

Sorry about the delay in getting these bits and pieces posted!
                              Here are some of the winners of the artwork and photography competition.

Aaron Annal - Best Photography

Judy Perrin - Best Artwork

Oliver Tooth - Best Children's Artwork

Name:	IMG_5364.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	94154 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5358.jpg
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	94153 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5360.jpg
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	94155

Still have a few more to post (of the previous nights festivities!!) courtesy of Sonja Netopil.
                              sigpic

Comment

cheers for putting the pics up Pete

Aarons Collection:

Comment

Working...
                                X