Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the love of god identify my Pamphobeteus!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of god identify my Pamphobeteus!!

Hi. I have uploaded some photos on flikr and would welcome any opinions or suggestions as to what type my Pampho is,and thank anyone for taking the time to look. Here is the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/63487062@N08/5767563479/. She has just moulted 5 days ago,the moult measures 15cm long and the leg span of the moult is 17.5 cm. The body length is 3" and a quarter. There is definitely more growth and i estimate the legspan to be somewhere between 18 to 19cm. Her colouration is jet black with a sort of silvery grey outline to the legs and body (can be seen on the pics) the hairs on the legs are more pink whereas the the hairs on the abdomen are more red in appearance. As you can see on the pics the flame style markings around the ocular region reach right to the centre of the carapace and two moults ago were bronze in colour have now changed to silvery grey. She was sold to me as Pamphobeteus.Sp "purple starburst" ? .com lol lol. Regardless i think youll agree she's a belter!!
    Last edited by Paul Arnold; 29-05-11, 02:38 PM. Reason: forgot to put a link in to the pictures!!

Very hard to id some Pamphobeteus from pictures so i can only guess, Pamphobeteus sp. South Ecuador/Machalla but i could be totaly wrong.

Comment

Thanks! I had one suggestion before of Ecuador Type I or II so i guess im getting close

Comment

Looks like an Antinous to me...but i could also be wrong. Ask the guys over on pamphobeteus.com as they probably know for sure...

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Arnold View Post
          Thanks! I had one suggestion before of Ecuador Type I or II so i guess im getting close
          i think i heard there were rather a large number of sp "Ecuador Type XX" lol
          best to contact the seller, really!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

What a nightmare the genus is lol. It was sold to me as "purple starburst" but ive seen the pictures of that and mine looks nothing like! The pet shop staff quipped "We did have the container it came in,and we think it had the full latin name,but we threw it away" Most helpful lol

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Arnold View Post
              The pet shop staff quipped "We did have the container it came in,and we think it had the full latin name,but we threw it away" Most helpful lol
              Sigh, typical, eh?
              www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
              X