dealer breeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealer breeders

I found a Genic at the right size and then got told it is unsexed!.
    At 6 to 8cm and raised and bred from the seller why can't these seller breeders take the time to sex a moult!!!.

Or is it a case of the easy way to sell males?.

And why not put inches as this was our British way to size..
    I hate cm :-/

At that size it should easily be sexable from it's shed , that's assuming they tried . I bought a 4" A.genic unsexed not so long ago , it turned out to be female .

You can't just go by it being unsexed , you've just got to think about who's the person selling it .

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Bagley View Post
      At that size it should easily be sexable from it's shed , that's assuming they tried . I bought a 4" A.genic unsexed not so long ago , it turned out to be female .

You can't just go by it being unsexed , you've just got to think about who's the person selling it .
      I agree there too Matt,
      The guy has a site saying they breed.. But like you say at 4" it should of had a moult and been sexed..
      I'm now just looking for good sound breeders that might have a 2.5" or 4" sexed genic.
      The one thing that got me is he has not even taken time to respond to my questions.
      Maybe that's why he isn't on this site.

Comment

Most dealer breeders have jobs and a family as well as 100's or 1000's of spiders to care for and they just dont have the time (or incination) to sex every moult from every spider. . . . . A simple fact of life. They may sex the more expensive or sought after species but generally the run of the mill spiderjust gets fed, watered and that is it.
        A few years ago i was selling spiders and generally had between 10-25 of each species I was selling and the LAST thing i was worried about was sexing the MULITUDE of moults I got every week. If someone wanted a particular sex I would try by looking for any moults in the containers and sexing the moult but if someone just asked for a particular species I would just box up the first one that came to hand.
        If you had asked for a particular sex, and was told that the spider that you was sent to you was that particular sex and later found that that was untrue I could understand why you are upset but otherwise I really cant understand what you are complaining about.

An old photo of ONE weeks worth of moults

Last edited by Peter Roach; 06-06-11, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I see your point Peter,
          But as you put ""If someone wanted a particular sex I would try by looking for any moults in the containers and sexing the moult "".
          And as I am after that sp at around that size I would of thought he would of tried to do as you have stated and not just ignore my questions and as he stated on his own website he breeds all that are for sale!.
          So again as you say he would have moults ( just like what your photo shows ) .
          Nice pic by the way

Comment

Working...
          X