Somethings wrong with my B.Boehmei and I dont know what to do :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somethings wrong with my B.Boehmei and I dont know what to do :(

Recently my B.Boehmei has started to look very ill at ease and looks to be constantly trying to escape from the enclosure. Her insanely restless behaviour is driving me to distraction and im worried. She has gone beyond active, not being able to sit still for more than half an hour at a time. She is literally climbing the walls back and sides on the enclosure,and worse still she hangs upside down on the roof of the enclosure (this has me on the edge on my seat willing her to get down) The temp is fine,the humidity is fine,the substrate is dry and free from vermin (ive even changed it out recently even though the other was only 2 months old). The enclosure is 30cm cubed (surely this is ample?) Its not normal for a Tarantula to be so active,she puts a wandering male to shame honestly. As im writing this she is at it again just roaming but in a sort of hurry and with purpose! She refuses to use a hide and simply backfills it in whenever i make a hole for her (I thought she may be stressed or something but i cant force her to use it!) She is eating fine. Im at a loss i really am,theres definately something wrong,but I dont know what. Ive been keeping long enough to know her behaviour just isnt right. Its making me feel a bit guilty because she looks to me like she obviously wants out,and im keeping her locked in there What can I do?

Paul,
    I fully know this feeling I had a B.Smithi AF suddenly start doing this about 2 years ago.

I had changed nothing prior to this behaviour.

She was a constant mover and as your does she used to hang off the roof of her enclosure. Hers was an exo-terra 30cm cubed one. She kept catching her legs and hanging in the mesh, it was a nevous time. To reitterate I had changed nothing, no-one had any ideas on what I should do.

I was worried about her falling so put wood planks up high in a mish mash patten so she had the chance to climb still but only slight falls if she did.

She calmed down on her own after awhile, and now is the same pet rock as she always was.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Arnold View Post
      Recently my B.Boehmei has started to look very ill at ease and looks to be constantly trying to escape from the enclosure. ...
      Are you sure it's a female?

Originally posted by Paul Arnold View Post
      What can I do?
      Can you post photos? (NOT from the top! From the front and sides are far more useful.)
      The Tarantula Whisperer!
      Stan Schultz
      Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
      Private messaging is turned OFF!
      Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Working...
      X