next step and last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next step and last

Well I have a genic female and my next step up is a pokie and my first and last old world ..
    It's my wife's idea to get a gooty and so to learn I'm getting a regalis sling to grow with.
    So it should be fun learning after I always said I'd never have a pokie..
    But then I did say I'd never have a T over 6" lol.
    So I'm not saying never ..
    I've read threads on regalis and doing research on as much as I can find out.
    So if any one has info they could share please feel free.

John

I got my first regalis from this years expo. Iv got it in a cerial container with a vertical slab of cork bark at one side creating a hide, which the pokie has made a funnel inside. Iv got about 2 inch s.strate in bottom but iv never seen it on the floor. Iv took the lid off where the hole is and put a circular piece of mesh hot glued on for ventilation.
    I wasnt sure about getting a pokie but its the best descision ever. They are truly beautiful albeit shy spiders. I have to sneak in the room otherwise it darts at lightening spped back into its hide but when i catch it out its worth it. It moulted 2 weeks ago and looks amazing now. Checked the molt and im 90% sure its a male. From the moult and its darker colour.
    Get a pokie!! youl never look back!
    apologies for the photos not being the right way im uploading from my phone...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-04 14.01.46.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	94170Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-30 12.07.40.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	94171Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-11 10.33.11.jpg
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	94172Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-30 21.10.25.jpg
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	94173
    David Attenborough:
    ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

One of my old pokie containers.

Note the holes melted just above the substrate and at the top . . . . . cross ventilation.. . . much much better than just a single meshed hole on the lid (in my humble opinion )

Comment

In your humble opinion haha Thats a cool idea though Pete. Does it not dry the tank out quickly though. I mean iv left mine like that just for the 'raised humidity' purposes. Bit confusing as i know in the wild pokies have 2 extremes of seasons 1 desert dry amd 1 monsoon season where everywhere is under a foot of water for a few months a year. So i tried to keep a medium where i keep the open water dish and slightly damp substrate and the mesh for ventilation. Might go with your idea though if its better for the T in your opinion?
        Cheers mate!
        David Attenborough:
        ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

Originally posted by K Smith View Post
          In your humble opinion haha Thats a cool idea though Pete. Does it not dry the tank out quickly though.
          Yeah . . humble. thats me all over LOL

Yes it does tend to dry out but I would rather that than stagnant air.
          I sorted this little problem in my own little humble way . . . i tipped 1/2 cup of water in every few days, none of that messing with a water mister . . . so humbly SORTED (in my own little humble way) LOL

Comment

Lol cheers Pete ill get melting later....
            David Attenborough:

Comment

gooty is more docile than a regalis

i prefer a subfusca
              they are so calm i can just pick them up and they will just sit there

Comment

Originally posted by Talha Sadak View Post

i prefer a subfusca
                Is that safe knowing the bite is painful!.

Comment

Originally posted by Talha Sadak View Post

i prefer a subfusca
                  I just didnt know what to reply to that...
                  David Attenborough:

Comment

I think you just said it all
                    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I've seen on stupidtube some good set ups and some really mad ones,
                      I've seen pokies being handled and laughed at the ones that end with fear all over the handlers face.
                      I've seen bite marks with venom reports..
                      So the only time a pokie will get handled will be if I can't get out of it's way fast enough..
                      But I can say that I as I've been told so many times there are the odd one that maybe could be hands on..
                      But I'm still not trying it.. My genic is very very laid back but I still don't trust her as my B.smithi showed me once that he can go from slow to a faster turn then I can blink and after that day I said " never trust a T " ..

Comment

I did but then deleted it otherwise i might have Colin slapping my wrists or worse . . . . . LOL

Comment

Oh it would have been worse Mate ....

This would have incurred the diving suit with the bottom cut out and the bucket of soapy frogs
                          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                            Oh it would have been worse Mate ....

This would have incurred the diving suit with the bottom cut out and the bucket of soapy frogs

I am REALLY getting worried about you and your strange fantasies. LOL

Comment

I'm getting worried about you both pmsl..

Right back to normality ( if there's such a thing lol )
                              How many pokie sp are in the hobby and what in your opinion is the worst ( as in very skittish ) and do all pokies hide?.

Comment

Working...
                              X