Spider slink food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider slink food

( i just got my nhandu chromatus.It took 12 days until i recieve it but it is still alive.It is not longer than 1 cm and i jjust killed a fruit fly and threw it in the plastic cap i keep the spider.So far it hasnt touched the fly and i fear that maybe it will not eat and die....

Any advise of what to do and how to feed a slink???

thank you!

fruit flies wouldn't be a good food item for a spider...you'll need to get it tiny crickets, or maybe tiny roaches
    and don't kill the prey unless it definitely doesn't take live.

an Nhandu at any size should be a ferocious hunter, going by my experience with them.

12 days...how in the world did it take 12 days?! your immediate concern is dehydration. make sure it has water, but be careful not to drown it
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

also, tiny maggots would be a good food source...squats we call them here, but not sure what species they are.
      i think maggots are higher in nutrition than flies from all i've heard.
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Why would you kill a fruit fly before giving it to one of the most ferocious eaters ?
        It should be able to take insects as large as its self with no problems, if you cant find any small crickets of the right size just get the next size up and crush its head. The sling will usually still feed if the cricket is still twitching.
        I regularly feed mine cockroaches that are larger than the spider, the rolling mass of legs always ends up with a dead cockroach as guest of honor for lunch LOL

Comment

what species of roach are you using, Peter? i have dubias, which are not taken by everything... so i am about to get some red runners if i can (i think they are Turkestan roaches or similar) which are i think a bit more like crickets in softness and size
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
            what species of roach are you using, Peter? i have dubias, which are not taken by everything... so i am about to get some red runners if i can (i think they are Turkestan roaches or similar) which are i think a bit more like crickets in softness and size

I've got Dubias and like you have said, not everything will take them but i have also got some red runners and so far everything takes them. The adults are about the same size as an adult cricket and they are nice and soft unlike the Dubias

Comment

Working...
            X