Nhandu chromatus escaped:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nhandu chromatus escaped:(

My nhandu chromatus has escaped and it is somewhere in my room.She/he is about 6-7 cm leg spam.Is it dangerous for me to sleep in my room?should i worry?any ideas about possible places it could hide?My room is stuffed with things and i have search almost everywhere but cant find it

Originally posted by dimitris vrontamitis View Post
    Is it dangerous for me to sleep in my room?
    If you're worried about the spider biting you then no you'll be fine, i had a 4 inch P regalis out in my bedroom for months with no issues (untill i eventually caught it and tried to get it back in the tank)
    should i worry?
    I'd only worry about inadvertently stepping on it or squashing it with something
    any ideas about possible places it could hide?
    ANYWHERE !!! most likely dark, warmish and secluded
    My room is stuffed with things and i have search almost everywhere but cant find it
    This is probably the only 100% solution as they are masters of hiding, you have to take everything out of your room piece by piece and check each item thoroughly as you go, you'll eventually find it somewhere.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

First of all relax. She wont come out and attack you in the night. My advice is to sit in the room with the light off, with a torch and wait. She will most likely have a wander when it goes day and quiet. If this fails try looking behind things close to the floor. Bookcases, boxes etc. I find a mirror on a the end of a stick works very well for awkward places. ( Use a make up mirror but if your married make sure you tell your wife first as I would rather face a Nhandu than a wife without her make up mirror. LOL)

Good hunting
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

i had an escape and after hours of hunting found the runaway behind a chest of drawers, like colin said, dark places, my room is ( or was at the time ) full of unpacked boxes after just moving in, it was a slow process but i knew it could not get out of that room, like has been said move every thing out and check then move all drawers and stuff, mine was just a g rosea so had no truble putin the rebel back in his house, good look with the hunt, hope you find her safe and well

Comment

Working...
        X