P.metallica EWL to Spiderlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.metallica EWL to Spiderlings

figured it was faster to upload to photobucket!

EWL's....

Had to be done (sorry) I was soooo excited :P this was my FB profile pic on the night we pulled the sac!

the set up...

Top of tank with DIY stat

EWL's getting ready to turn to N1

N1's

N1's getting ready to turn to N2

N1's turning to N2's

N2's darkening up and making use of the damp tea towel (the water tub sprung a leak!)

Tub prepping time!

Spiderling incubator with DIY stat (not enough room on the sling shelf so I had to improvise!)

SPIDERLINGS!!!

and last but not least... mommy!
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Wow, my brain just blast out. What a breeding system... Congratulations at all.
    Why do you need an incubator? I think if I had P.metallica slings I will protect them
    like a chrystal vase (maybe a little better), but we never used incubator.
    www.spiderstoreonline.com - COMING SOON

Comment

Superb Lisa. I look forward to the article. Great photos and what a mother !!!!! You should be proud. Im sure everyone will be interested in reading all bout it.
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Peter, we have a sling cabinet, well, sling shelf that has glass doors on and is temperature controlled. We found using this technique means that we have next to no unexpected dead spiderlings - just works really well.
        However, there is not enough room in there for another 90 odd slings so in order to keep them at the temps they have become accustomed to i.e. 25oc day and 21oc night (same temps as the first 4 weeks with mom in the burrow and the sling shelf) I decided to make them a temporary incubator until they all go to their new homes

Ray, going to get all the data together over the next few weeks and get typing

Comment

Aren't they such little cuties! I love Pokie babies
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

aye they are well sweet!

Comment

you did great Lisa..
              Can't wait to read your report ..
              Bet they all spoken for too lol

Comment

They've been spoken for, for the last 2 years since I started trying!!!

Comment

Congratulations! Amazing job. Great set ups too! Well chuffed for you!
                  David Attenborough:
                  ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

Working...
                  X