Yay, did it ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay, did it ! ! !

At the BTS show a few months ago i bought 2 AF Holethe incei, a normal colour and a 'Gold', I also bought a normal MM at the hour of the show on the cheap.
    The gold as far as I had been able to find out is amelanistic (lacking black) so i thought that i would give myself a project to occupy my time this year and maybe next year as well by putting the normal male and gold female together.
    Breeding an amel and a normal together should in theory produce 100% normal looking slings but all will the gold genes.
    This would have meant that i would have had to keep all of the slings back and raise them to at least sexable size so i could find and keep a few males to breed back to the gold female to get a percentage of golds when bred together.
    I put the normal male and gold female together early June, the breeding was over in about 10 minutes and the female sealed herself in the next day.
    A short while later I noticed an egg sac through the sides of the container

Today while feeding everyone I noticed this

I saw 7 Gold slings and 2 normals just above the entrance hole when I opened the container so the male must have had the Gold genes to get the Gold slings.

I'll probably try and catch them all next week to count and seperate them.

Looks like I've got to find a new project now. Any idea's ?
    Last edited by Peter Roach; 31-07-11, 01:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

Well done Peter !!!

Comment

Well done !!!!

Comment

Working...
      X