Sling containers wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sling containers wanted

I know this subject is brought up time and time again but it time it was brought up again.

Most people know where to get small amounts (1, 5, 10) of sling containers. ie ebay, local supermarket etc.
    The other place to get them was the chemist where they would save the film pots if you asked nicely BUT as almost everyone uses digital cameras these days this is now a no go.

Does anyone have web addresses or links where larger amounts can be bought.
    I'm looking for a minimum of 500 containers (probably 1000+) obviously depending on price.

I brought LOTS from house of spiders at the BTS. Also Chris has a good supplier for the ones that I was selling the OBTs in. You have his email address ?

Comment

Who's email ? Chris or HOS ?
      Havent got either LOL

Comment

Hey try this i got 100, for £8.oo

Hope it helps

Comment

Link doesnt work

Comment

worked for me Pete,

Its so annoying. Over the years I have bred hundreds of spiderlings but can i find any pots around my shed or garage. No chance. Heads up on that link. I will be getting some on Monday

Ray
            Last edited by Ray Hale; 07-08-11, 08:50 AM. Reason: fat fingers
            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
            On
            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Is all well now?
              if not try this

it should be working.

Comment

.Thanks for the link Martin, i can see it now LOL

Some good sizes pots there although a bit on the expensive side me thinks.

I have asked the same question on a few other forums as some people dont come on here (strange I know but what can you do )
                and i have been given a link (on RFUK) where the prices are more than reasonable and pictures were provided with a coin as a size guide. FORUM LINK

CONTAINER LINK Containers come with lids but the prices dont have VAT added.

When bought in 500's the prices are as follows.
                I have added the VAT and P&P to get a total price and then divided by 500 to get individual item price.

2 oz =6.5p each
                4 oz =7.6p each
                5.5oz=8.2p each

House of spiders also do 4oz sling containers in 50's, 100's and 250's LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
                  I know this subject is brought up time and time again but it time it was brought up again.

Most people know where to get small amounts (1, 5, 10) of sling containers. ie ebay, local supermarket etc.
                  The other place to get them was the chemist where they would save the film pots if you asked nicely BUT as almost everyone uses digital cameras these days this is now a no go.

Does anyone have web addresses or links where larger amounts can be bought.
                  I'm looking for a minimum of 500 containers (probably 1000+) obviously depending on price.
                  The answer depends a lot on what you want or will accept. For small, cheap plastic containers go to a restaurant supply. Look them up in your local Yellow Pages. (I presume they're called Yellow Pages in the UK as well. Phone book pages of commercial listings arranged alphabetically by business type.)

Or, look for businesses that sell plastic containers by searching all the listings beginning with "Plastic."

Best o' luck.
                  The Tarantula Whisperer!
                  Stan Schultz
                  Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
                  Private messaging is turned OFF!
                  Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
                    I still get 35mm canisters from our local photo place, they just chuck them in a box in case anyone asks for them. Have seen a lot of small tubes/vials and tubs on ebay if you search for "geocaching containers". There are a couple of regular sellers of 35mm canisters on ebay so maybe firing a mail to one of them would yield results for larger numbers.

Comment

Working...
                    X