Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyriocosmus ritae Any info gratefully accepted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyriocosmus ritae Any info gratefully accepted!

Hi

Just got a 1.5" Peruvian Darf Black & White, I have searched for information beforehand and found mainly info on mating and general care

I have found them to be quite aggressive and insanely fast

I would greatly appreciate any info on venom potency, life span etc and any other keepers personal experiences with them

They are a stunning little species and would love to learn more about them

cheers

Simon Brown

hi, i have 2 pairs of these ,they dont get any bigger , the males will have very small abdemens and will have tibial spurs mine have been airborn for most of the time males have been kept with the females for about 3 to 4 months now, the females are full of eggs one has now come down to ground and has dug its self in and hopfully is with a eggsack by now, the other pair was mating the other day so hopefully she will come to ground and do the same, i dont have no other info on these .
    paul

Comment

Thanks for your comments, hope you get your egg sacks such a beautiful species

I managed to get some more info

But my little beau has really calmed down now, think she was just a bit stressed with all the moving about

shes been in her new tank now for a good almost a month and has spun a big web hammock truly stunning, when i open her tank to feed she'll dart back to that and thankfully stay there

She bolted on me the first attempt when i tried to rehouse her amd was amazed by just how fast she was for such a small species, i was more worried about venom potency as general info was and still is pretty scarce (found it in the end), I managed to get all the basic care info and now some other great background info on them and now shes settled in and just being blown away observing her

Thanks again

Simon Brown

Comment

Working...
      X