African baboons photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African baboons photos

Is there anyone interested in African Baboon Spiders and is a member of facebook ?

Do a search for 'Baboon Spiders' on facebook and you will be taken to Patrick Gildenhuys page where there are over 100 photos from his book 'The baboon spiders of southern Africa'. Definately worth a look.

HERE
    is a link to his homepage and his book.

Dont worry I havent signed up on facebook, I sort of 'borrowed' my sons name to have a look at the books photos

Has anyone got this book ?

Is it worth gettting ?

I've worked out that it will cost just over £46 inc P&P shipped from SA to UK so I may ask for it for a Xmas prezzie.

Pats done a cracking job with it .... it was along time in the pipelines as i think he wanted it to be as spot on as possible before release.
    Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
    Has anyone got this book ?
    Haven't got it myself but i know of some who have and they're well impressed

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
    Is it worth gettting ?
    Apparently it's the doggies dangly bits
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks Colin, do you know if it is just good photos or has it got all the trimmings like biology, habitat etc etc

Comment

The book is exactly what it says in the title, a pictorial guide to the baboon spiders of South Africa. It is split into different regions and there is some text talking about the spiders found in each region and their habitats but it is mostly pictures of the spiders with some burrow and habitat shots as well as a ruler at the bottom of each page showing the size of the males and females. If you have an interest in baboon spiders then i would definitely recommend getting it and if you want to know more about any of the spiders then you could always contact Pat on the facebook page.
        Put your arms around me
        Fiddly digits, itchy britches
        I love you all

Comment

Ok thanks Craig

EDIT. . . . found a small amount of text from the book HERE

Look what I found

I’d like to thank friends abroad - Craig McInnes, Mikhail
          Bagaturov and Phil Rea - who have helped in my search for
          information in online theraphosid articles and publications.
          Craig has shown a keen interest in certain Harpactirinae
          and has successfully bred two species of Harpactira and one
          of Harpactirella.

So Craig what did you breed, any photos posted somewhere ?
          Last edited by Peter Roach; 12-08-11, 10:09 PM.

Comment

It was just Harpactira sp. Robertson, Harpactira sp. marksi and Harpactirella lightfooti. You could probably find pictures if you have a search on arachnophiles and if you go back a couple of issues of the BTS journal you can find the breeding report I did on the sp. Robertson.
            Put your arms around me
            Fiddly digits, itchy britches
            I love you all

Comment

OK Thanks

Comment

This is an excellent book and I can recommend it to anybody interested in SA baboon spiders. All photos are taken on the same type of pebbles so you can easily see differences between spiders.
                There are a couple of natural shots as well. The book is set out per region here in SA and show the differences in set species per area.
                A very good guide.

Comment

Thank you Hendrik

Comment

Working...
                  X