Red Knee and strange behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Knee and strange behaviour

Hi Folks, been a while since I was on the forum but I'm back with a question

For the last 24 hours my Mexican Red Knee has been exibiting some strange behaviour. I have it in one of the Reptile tanks with the polystyrene backing that looks like a rock face. Well the spider has decided to start tearing this apart, you can clearly hear him/her ripping bits off the top edge and there is a growing pile of bits at the bottom.

Is this something I should be worried about? Anyone have any idea why it's doing this? She is fed regularly and just ate a few weeks ago (I fed her 4 mouse pinkies).

Thanks
    John

They do this just for fun I think, my friend's parahybana did this too, that terrarium was under construction 0-24h
    www.spiderstoreonline.com - COMING SOON

Comment

Havent you ever seen a dog just ripping the carpet to pieces or a kid breaking his toys for no reason ?
      Occasionally there are T's that like to pretend that they are 6 year old kids

Comment

Originally posted by JohnAgnew View Post
        Hi Folks, been a while since I was on the forum but I'm back with a question

For the last 24 hours my Mexican Red Knee has been exibiting some strange behaviour. I have it in one of the Reptile tanks with the polystyrene backing that looks like a rock face. Well the spider has decided to start tearing this apart, you can clearly hear him/her ripping bits off the top edge and there is a growing pile of bits at the bottom.

Is this something I should be worried about? Anyone have any idea why it's doing this? She is fed regularly and just ate a few weeks ago (I fed her 4 mouse pinkies).

Thanks
        John
        It's bored nearly witless! Try giving it one or two clean ping pong balls to play with.
        The Tarantula Whisperer!
        Stan Schultz
        Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
        Private messaging is turned OFF!
        Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Are those for the kids or the dog?

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by ralfkonen View Post
            Are those for the kids or the dog?
            If you are referring to my posting about the ping pong balls, I'm easy. Give some to the kids, give some to the dogs. (Just be careful that neither can choke on them!) But definitely give one or two to your tarantulas. I didn't believe this one when I first heard of it several decades ago, but upon trying it with one or two of our tarantulas, and then recommending that others try it, I'm convinced. Many tarantulas really do like to play with them. As time progresses I am becoming more and more convinced that we are vastly underestimating the intelligence of these creatures.
            The Tarantula Whisperer!
            Stan Schultz
            Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
            Private messaging is turned OFF!
            Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Brilliant Stan, I am going to try that.

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
              X