P.regalis breading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.regalis breading

I recently got a regalis male and decided to shark tank him....... He managed to find the girl but they had a massive fight (about 10 minutes) He ran away and lived.... Then again they fought.... Is there a size of male to female that works best? As my male is tiny compared to the female. (at least 1 3rd her size maybe smaller)....... Now my male is on the side of the tank and the female is in the males shark tank.

so advice please..
    “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Hi
    Can you post pics of the undersie of both specimens, has your female been mated before?

Ray

Comment

No she has not been mated before, But I think every thing will be fine now, They have been tapping to each other for the past 2 hours and she seems a lot more responsive than last night. But he is being a little bit apprehensive and approaching very very slowly.. Sorry I can not get any pictures.
      “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Hi,

When did you put the male in the female's tank after his last moult ?

Steevens

Comment

It is not really him that is the problem, it is my female. He taps to her and she acknowledges him then as they get close she tries to attack him then he runs away only to try again about 2 hours later and the same thing happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Corless View Post
            It is not really him that is the problem, it is my female. He taps to her and she acknowledges him then as they get close she tries to attack him then he runs away only to try again about 2 hours later and the same thing happens again.
            Ok, sorry to wanna help......

Comment

I am sorry, I did not mean to sound ungrateful, I am after any advice I can get. He is around 2 month mature.

I have managed to get him out of the females tank as she retreated back inside her burrow. So now I am after advice on the best way to pair these guys up.

I have read that the male will often try to lead the female onto neutral ground out side of her tank, but I can not see how this is viable in my situation as I do not want 2 pokies running around my front room.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Corless View Post
                I am sorry, I did not mean to sound ungrateful, I am after any advice I can get. He is around 2 month mature.

I have managed to get him out of the females tank as she retreated back inside her burrow. So now I am after advice on the best way to pair these guys up.

I have read that the male will often try to lead the female onto neutral ground out side of her tank, but I can not see how this is viable in my situation as I do not want 2 pokies running around my front room.
                No problem.

My first question was becaume I have seen such comportement of females with males who didn't do sperm'web yet. But it seemed not to be the case here.

You must also know that Poecilotheria's "parade" (sorry if it's not the good word in english) can be ver aggresiv. For example I meet tigrinawesseli at the start of this month. The female seemed to attack the male several time. I decide to let the male in the female tank and at this day, he is always in life and have done a lot of sperm'web in the female's tank....

Comment

Thanks I will keep trying.

Comment

Working...
                  X