Escapeeeeeee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escapeeeeeee!

People say it happens to every keeper eventually.. I never believed it.. Until now...

Woke up this morning and my juvi A.geniculata had actually pushed the plastic top off its pot.

Me and my wife have looked everywhere in every room and cant find him.

Any ideas on where to start looking? Or should i wait till dark when he may be roaming? Is it possible he would walk a long way on his escape as the room door was slightly open at night?

Any advice apreciated...
    David Attenborough:
    ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Try all dark places, cupboards, under beds etc. If the little one only escaped last night then chances are he'll still be in the room you kept him in. Check the skirting boards as well, they're very ingenious! I remember when this first happened to me, with an Avic purpurea. found her on the lounge light shade!! Good luck!
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

It will be in the last place you look so start there

Comment

In my experience they do not go far. They will often head for the closest dark place it feels safe. My P.murinus escaped twice and was literally just a couple of feet away from the enclosure behind the shelf. I had an escapee a few days ago but mine was a tiny sling so I have no chance of finding it.
        “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

My adult Brachypelma vagans went missing someone (me) left the lid off her container
          This was in my bedroom searched everywhere and gave up thinking she had gone through the open window.
          That night I pulled back the duvet to find one peed off spider.
          I dread to think what would of happened if I had just sliped under the duvet and felt some thing tickeling my toes Eeeeeeek lol.
          Hope you have found your little escapee by now.
          ChrisS.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Smallman View Post
            My adult Brachypelma vagans went missing someone (me) left the lid off her container

ChrisS.
            Happens to the best of us..
            “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Omg hes turned up ALIVE!!! My A.genic went missing last August and iv just turned the lights on to check on my Ts and there he is in exactly the place where he went missing from!!!??? His abdomen is thin but hes in good shape and im sure hes moulted as he looks a lot bigger! I cant believe it! Thought it was a moulted skin that id left on top of a tank and when i got closer i jumped a mile! This is one lucky Tarantula. I cant believe he survived this long without water in my house!
              David Attenborough:
              ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

just read this thought wow that was fast then looked at the dates one lucky T i think bet he be grateful for a nice fat locust and a pot water congrats on finding him

Comment

Wow! That is quite unbelievable! I've never heard of a spider turning up after so long.

Jamie
                  My Collection:

Comment

My greatest escape and find was a couple of years ago, I had a P.Murinus sling that got out In my upstairs bedroom. I thought game over, and purchased a new one after looking for two days. One week later my sister calls me, claiming to have found a little orange spider sitting underneath a window DOWNSTAIRS. Upon inspection it was a, moulted, P.Murinus sling :P. Incredible what they can do.
                    Congrats on the homecoming

Comment

Thanks everyone! Im so happy i still cant believe it. Hes back safely in a 100% secure tank now with a dish of water. He went straight for it last night and spent a couple hours drinking. Il pop a locust in tonight for his homecoming meal Thought he'd need a drink before eating.
                      I just cant believe how he went back to the exact same place that he escaped from. Coincidence or some intelligence that he knows where he escaped from and that where he was always fed? Perhaps just a coincidence but amazing nonetheless!
                      David Attenborough:

Comment

thats an awesome bit of news !!
                        who ever said anything was possible has obviously never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

My P.Antinous escaped after I had a senior moment one night and forgot to put the lid back on properly after feeding. I found her two days later in my shoe as though she had always lived in it. Silk around the mouth of the shoe and even silk on the insole. Abdomen tucked in the toe end, legs facing the opening waiting for food lol. She was so unwilling to be removed.Im convinced to this day that if i had kept the shoe in a warm secure room,misted the shoe and lobbed crickets in the opening she would still be in there now! Tarantulas are clearly capable of insulting their keepers by choosing shoes over a thoughtfully and lovingly put together setup! Mind you she did find the most suitable hide in the room if not the most palatable

Comment

Working...
                          X