Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd behaviour, chilie rose.

hi guys.
    some wierd behavour from my chilie just wandered if any one has expirianced it themselves.
    she was my first t 3 years ago, only moulted once in my care. i went to check on my spids and saw she was on her back ready to moult... i was a little worried cuz she is old and i thought any moult could be her last, anyway long story short, she was on her back, twitchin away for 4 hours, i went to check again before bed and she was normal way round again... hadnt moulted.
    any one have any idea why she gave up on the idea?
    is this something to worry about?
    her last moult was 2 year ago.
    mark

is this something to worry about?
    NO, she changed her mind is all.

Comment

Hmmm, I've only experienced this once (that I know of) and it was recently with an adult female H. incei. She moulted successfully and then a couple of weeks later I found her upside down again. She remained like that for 3-4 days before righting herself again. Not saying this will happen to your spider but over the next few days she wasn't herself and unfortunately, died a week or so later. I can only assume there was some internal problem which needed a moult to fix and because she couldn't it caught up with her.
      www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

thanx guys
        she dosent look good... cant explain how... you just know your own animals i guess... like i said she is old.
        i will keep an eye on her and see how things progress, thanx again

Comment

Fingers crossed for her
          www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
          X