Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibitions

Hiya,
    I have been a member of the BTS for a few months now and live in Sheffield.

I haven't been on the site for a few weeks and have just noticed that the annual exhibition is to beheld in the midlands again and that the annual lecture is to be held in Bristol.

I would just like to know do the Bts ever hold any events up north because looking through the web site it seems that if I want to attend an event it means at least a few hours travelling.

Are there any plans to hold future events a bit nearer for us poor northern folk who sometimes feel just a little bit left out.

Looking forward to your replies and do any other members in the north feel the same.

Hi Adrian, if you take a look at the "Everthing you ever wanted to know about the BTS" it explains why we hold it where we do.

I know how you feel though. We live in Eastbourne (245 miles) and I organise the BTS Show and travel up to the site four times in the year to ensure it runs smoothy. Basically its in the Midlands because we felt that it was central for all of the UK. Organising an event further North would mean that some people in the South coudnt attend. Likewise I could easily organise an event nearer to me but again this would exclude many vistors from the North.

The Lectures are in Bristol because Mark and Kim who organise that event are from Bristol.

The main problem with any venue is that it will always be a pain for someone. The Midlands seemed ideal for Northerners ( Im still one really LOL) and Southerners. There are a couple of events further north such as Lincoln and Doncaster. Both are good shows and worth a visit.

Hope this helps

RAy
    BTS Exhibition Organiser
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Thanks for your reply Ray,
      Don't suppose you know when the Doncaster or lincoln shows are do you (probably missed em knowing my luck )
      I think when I posted the topic I was in miserable northern git mode ha ha
      I do appreciate you taking the time to reply though mate and would like to say many thanks Ray.
      p.s i will turn up up to the show where ever it is held anyway so would just like to add rant by miserable northern git over!!!
      Last edited by Adrian Lightning; 03-09-11, 06:22 PM.

Comment

No worries Adrian and I never thought you were having a moment. LOL

I would love to organse a Northern show but it would be just too difficult. A few years ago there was someone who was going to try and organise one up north but I think it fell through. I will let you know when the Lincom and Doncatser shows are when I find out. If anyone knows please ot up here. Thanks Adrian

Ray
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Leeds Entomological Fair
          11th September 2011

Blackburn Hall
          Commercial Street
          Rothwell