Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colony size and density - papers needed

Hi all.

I have a student interested in doing a thesis project on how tarantula colonies form, and the density of tarantulas in an area - can any of you list any useful prior studies, publications or theses to look at?

Preferably on tarantulas, but i know few exist - perhaps you know studies from other animals?

thanks
    British Tarantula Society
    My Lovely spiders:

Hi Stuart,

These may (or may not) be of interest to your student. All bar two are available online but the two papers that are not directly linked I have here (Reichling 1999 and Stradling 1994). Send me your email in a PM if you would like them.

• Reichling, Steven B. 1999. Nearest Neighbor Relationships among Theraphosid Spiders in Belize. The Southwestern Naturalist. Vol. 44, No. 4 (Dec., 1999), pp. 518-521

• Stradling, David J. 1994. Distribution and Behavioral Ecology of an Arboreal `Tarantula' Spider in Trinidad. Biotropica. Vol. 26, No. 1 (Mar., 1994), pp. 84-97

If you haven't already it's probably worth having a look through Craig's thread here to see if anything else is of interest.
    Last edited by Craig Mackay; 14-09-11, 12:36 PM.
    www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Really good selection Craig. I've passed the details on. Thankyou

I'd suggests a few of those already, but overlooked others. Esp the Reichling paper, i think thats as good as it gets for a specific study of colony structure.

Huge thanks for taking the time to make the inks too, i think they'll be of interest to others too.

The ones without a link i have already (though thanks for the offer), i can also send on to anyone else who wants.

Other suggestions still welcome from other forum members, especially for other animals
      British Tarantula Society
      My Lovely spiders:

Comment

Your welcome Stuart, although I mostly copied and pasted the links from Craig's list on Arachnophiles.
        Hope they're off use to your student. If I come across anything else of interest I'll add it to this thread.
        www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X