Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do to make sure my T is OK if I go on holiday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do to make sure my T is OK if I go on holiday?

Hi,

I've been waiting a while to buy a Mexican Red Knee female. Should I leave her with a friend or colleague or family, take her with us, or should I wait and purchase her later in the year and hope nobody's bought her yet? Or any other suggestions? Problem is, I don't know if all the stuff I bought for her will be still as fresh if I get her later. Plus, I know this sounds childish but I simply can't wait any longer. My parents keep on trying to put me off, and I feel I shouldn't wait longer because I'm made to go on a five day holiday. My mum resents both the idea of leaving her with friends or family and taking her with us. Gah, I can't believe I'm 18 and my parents still treat me like a little kid. But I'm more worried about the tarantula's welfare and getting her before somebody else does.

Thanks in advance,

~Chris

Chris
    I am sure who ever you are purchasing this tarantula from would hold on to her while you go on holiday, if not being left for 5 days would be fine. As long as it is set up correctly and in a safe place.

Water and feed her before you go, and all should be OK.

If you have have questions just email me directly.

Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm sure they would, but unfortunately the tarantula is coming all the way from a commercial breeding company in Yorkshire (and I live in Bristol). I'm a bit iffy about her welfare during delivery, but there's nowhere that sells sub-adult red knees locally.
      I have relatives that only live down the road, maybe I could ask them to check on her whilst I'm away? In fact, it's not even five days realistically. I'm departing there on the first day and arriving back on the fifth day. Or maybe even some of the local pet shops will hold onto her for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirunus
        Thanks.

Yeah, I'm sure they would, but unfortunately the tarantula is coming all the way from a commercial breeding company in Yorkshire (and I live in Bristol).
        Chris
        What size redknee are you looking for? I have a few here around a inch and a bit, happy to let you have one of this on your return from hols.

And being a Bristolian like your self collecting from me would be a doddle!..

Regards
        Mark

Comment

I'm looking for a sub-adult female with a legspan of three inches. They're out of stock everywhere pretty much both locally and online, except for Faunology.co.uk, the commercial suppliers I mentioned previously. All anyone else ever had were spiderlings, and I'm trying to avoid buying one until I gain more experience in the hobby, because of their low mortality rate. But wow, Red Knees are expensive.

But yeah, if you could babysit my Cora I'd be very grateful, if nobody I know personally will.

Comment

But yeah, if you could babysit my Cora I'd be very grateful, if nobody I know personally will.
            Chris
            Email me and I'll see what I can do. When do you go away?....

All the best
            Mark

Comment

5 days will be perfectly ok to leave a Tarantula...

Humidity,( which in the UK seems to be perfectly ok..if not a bit excessive sometimes) plus water and a semi-even, (warmer during the day, colder during the night) normal household temperature, plus one cricket before you go...

No problem...( and that piece of advice is coming from personal experience)

DB

Comment

Thanks DB.

Mark, we're going away on the 4th of July. I'll e-mail you if that's not a bad time.

Comment

Thanks DB.

Mark, we're going away on the 4th of July. I'll e-mail you if that's not a bad time.

Oh thats a shame I will be away that week.

Regards
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X