Pokie ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokie ID

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with a Poecilotheria ID, unfortunately my phone won't upload pics onto my computer at the mo so this is description only. Some time ago (nearly a year) one of my spiders went missing from my formosa colony. I found a pokie which looked right (there were three pederseni slings loose at the time too, all recovered and here with me) and I put this spid in with his sisters. now at a sub-adult stage I noticed today that his markings are different from the other formosas. I have only seen one male formosa before (the daddy of this lot) and I am concerned that he may be a pederseni living in the formosa colony, and not a male formosa. The reason for this is the white lines and markings on his patella, which pedersenis have and female formosas don't. However his patellae are dark, whereas pedersenis are light normally. He also has these lines and marks all down the dark parts of his legs as well. If anyone has a close up pic of a sub adult/adult male formosa's legs it would really help me to identify him, if not could anyone please give me a clue?
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Have you tried HERE

Comment

Here's a good guide courtesy of Mikhail F. Bagaturov:

or you could search for Soren Rafn's ventral id poster
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Easiest way to tell is the ventral femur of leg 4 of P. pederseni is very distinctive and has a black 'triangular' marking on it. Formosa has nothing similar at all.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks everybody, he's definitely n immature male pederseni. Thanks!!

Comment

Found it !!!

I knew that i have seen this somewhere

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks Peter

Comment

Working...
              X