Bought as Thrixopelma pruriens male

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought as Thrixopelma pruriens male

Got this guy off a pretty well known guy who is very knowledgeable as a T.pruriens male. He has matured and no longer looks anything like the female. He seems to be very red and is confusing me with what he is. Hes currently with James Box who is having a good look at him. Here are some photos any ideas are welcome lol.

No one???

Comment

I did a google image search for 'male Thrixopelma pruriens' and some of the pics looked like what you have but we all know how reliable google images are dont we.
      I didnt reply to your post as I assumed that you would have done a search before posting . . . . CLICKY

Comment

Yea i did. It only really came to my knowledge when James Box nipped over for a chat and i showed him and he said that it wasnt a T.pruriens i am thinking along the lines of him possibly being a Euathlus but am not sure. The photos really do not show how bright a red he is :/

Comment

well what actually i said was this: if my male was a T. pruriens, then yours wasn't as it was entirely different
          however, it emerges both my old male and my girl are probably Euathlas...and as your female looked nearly identical to mine (barring size), there's a chance that's what you got for a girl.

as you've heard from Stuart now as well, you'll see that he thinks this male IS a Thrixopelma, species unknown, possibly "Andean Black"

both Stuart and Ray G had a look at my girl and your male, so got twice the knowledge in one go. Win!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

You should of come and found me Mr James. Had been looking for Stuart all day haha

Comment

i still have access to the female once Jon returns from his holiday, the female being the sibling of the male in question (so guaranteed to be the same as the male), what i do have in the meantime are spermatheca pics of it and a rather shredded moult as she moulted about a month ago and is well and truly mature

Comment

this was the last pic i have of the female from back in August but prior to the moult
                i'll upload the spermatheca pic in the morning

Comment

I still have the males moult here

Comment

Working...
                  X