Kempton great day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kempton great day

I and Mandie had a great day at the Kempton fair yesterday.
    I got to meet Peter Kirk and his wife and had a good chat with him and he saw my P.pedersani 3" and said it looked
    female and told me much about it and who founded that sp..
    So I've named her Niko.
    I got to meet Ray and Angela Hale too as well as seeing Andrew Smith and Ray Gabriel walking around.
    I also got a 1.5" P.subfusca LL that I'm pleased with.
    There were only two P.miranda's and Peter Kirk had one of them ( lucky so and so ) and she was a good size... And the other had been sold too.
    There was No Highland's to be seen but loads of other poecilothia ..
    It was so so hot inside and so much to see .
    So afterwards we packed our car up and went to a pub just up the road for very cold drinks and I can say they were needed .
    I also got to meet some friends from other T forums and Facebook and that was good too.
    Aswell as meeting Chris Carter from invicta and having a laugh.
    A very good day it turned out to be.

Spent ages talking to these guys. Was nice to finally realize who i was talking too haha

Peter that Chilobrachys was blue :P

Comment

Originally posted by SelinaBailey View Post
      Spent ages talking to these guys. Was nice to finally realize who i was talking too haha

Peter that Chilobrachys was blue :P
      It was good to meet you at long last and we both said that you are a laugh
      It was my fault we didn't come later at the cafe as I was trying to find the subfusca lowland's I'd past earlier and kept walking back and forth and Mandie sat as her feet were aching .. as was mine but I knew I had seen LL and after three walks I gave up as they must of gone .. But remembered there were still a stool with some pricey ones so went there saw the size and got one I thought was a good size for the price a 2.5" with moult,
      The pedersani is 4.5" from spiderzinc.
      Both were easy to move without any issues
      SEAS next then my favorite one the BTS I've got to get a subfusca highland and miranda at one of them lol..

Comment

Its ok hun we saw Mandie later sitting down bless her. I think the BTS is the best invert show tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by SelinaBailey View Post
          Its ok hun we saw Mandie later sitting down bless her. I think the BTS is the best invert show tbh.
          I totally agree .. are you going to next years ?

Comment

Looked "blue" to me....LOL. Nice to speak to you Selina and you John and Mandy. Its always nice to do the AES and although we never make any money there we its great just chat to everyone. Was it hot or what?

Catch you in the chat room Selina

Ray and Ang
            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
            On
            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Was nice to finally put faces to names (about time) lol. I go to the AES purely for the social side hehe.

Was really nice to meet some really nice people and i cannot wait for the BTS now

Comment

i had a short but good day too! nice to see everyone i did see!
                Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Other than a quick wave hello, didn't really get a chance to talk to the regular BTS crew; either the stand or I were too busy each time I passed. Hopefully make up for it at the lectures! Enjoyable and sociable day anyway and was glad to catch up briefly with Ray Gabriel and come away with one of his Sericopelma sp Catalina.

Comment

Heres my new two a subfusca LL and pederseniClick image for larger version

Name:	o 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	94214Click image for larger version

Name:	o 3.jpg
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	94215Click image for larger version

Name:	to 1.jpg
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	94216Click image for larger version