Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potency of venom after moult...is there any difference..???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potency of venom after moult...is there any difference..???

10 days ago my Chile Rose moulted...It was a real quick moult...from 'on back' to 'flip upright'...4hrs approx...( 100% true)

All looking good...

Today i gave her 2 medium sized 'blacks'...

She caught one about 2hrs ago...Its locked in her fangs and the cricket is still as lively as ever...I mean this 'black' is really going for it...even tho' i can see that the fangs are firmly in it...

The cricket seems fully functional...The spider seems to be taking it slow...moving...laying web..etc...

The cricket is still, fully alive and looks as active as normal...just stuck...

Surely this cant be a 'dry bite'.....

Any ideas on potency of the venom after a moult...or does it make no difference...

I've either got one tough 'mutha' black cricket....or one 'can't be bothered to inject' Tarantula....

DB

Hello there,

If you look at it with the logical googles.... A spider muct inject it's venom in order to eat. So it can't be a dry bite as she is trying to eat it. I dont know for sure but i would say there is a differance with the venom..... as no cricket is that hardy.

Comment

The spider may not want to eat teh cricked and may not be ready to feed yet to me it sounds liek she has just niped it cus it was irritating her.

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Its stopped moving now...and it look like its in two pieces ( as of 12:45pm)

I'm just wondering why it took so long for the cricket to stop moving...

DB

Comment

Who knows...Dry bite ?....Less potent venom ?....

At least i know its ok...Moulting is always one of those times when you wonder if everything is gonna be ok..

DB

Comment

Working...
          X