New Lasiodora parahybana Spiderling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lasiodora parahybana Spiderling!

Picked up this little fella at the weekend! Sorry about the poor pics. Anyone got any advice on any peculiar traits/conditions they prefer etc?

Click image for larger version

Name:	294740_10150397454316206_665241205_10538526_703801642_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	96195

no real advice ... i picked up my sling 1 year ago !! and now shes growing into a very nice T(about 4inch) ... shes still a bit shy ,has only started to come out her burrow for a few hours at a time ! usually when shes looking for food ...
    who ever said anything was possible has obviously never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Really? Mine seems very active, and is always sitting in the open. very inquisitive about any noise or light or movement. And very industrious...constantly moving things around etc..

Comment

Keep slightly damp and feed lots, its that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Cook View Post
          Really? Mine seems very active, and is always sitting in the open. very inquisitive about any noise or light or movement. And very industrious...constantly moving things around etc..
          Yours sounds just like Sally, my L. parahybana sling. She's always pushing stuff out of her burrow and piling it up in the same corner she's dug and having it collapse on her again. It's never ending!

Great to watch, and she's about 3" now.
          0.1.0 A. geniculata (Alice)
          0.1.0 A. versicolor (Tilly)
          0.0.1 B. boehemi (Blaze)
          1.0.0 B. smithi (Carlos)
          0.0.1 C. elegans (Ellie)
          0.1.0 C. fasciatum (Tia)
          0.1.1 E. murinus (Phantom, Morticia)
          2.0.1 G. pulchripes (Freddie, Six, Eve)
          0.2.0 G. rosea (Rosie, Bonnie)
          0.0.1 H. maculata (Macy)
          0.0.1 L. parahybana (Sally)
          0.1.1 N. chromatus (Medusa, Pepper)
          1.0.0 P. antinous (Jet)
          0.1.0 P. irminia (Sammy)
          0.0.1 T. apophysis (Poppy)

Comment

certainly more entertainment value than my other spiderlig, b. vagans! who i see maybe once a month!

Comment

certainly more entertainment value than my other spiderlig, b. vagans! who i see maybe once a month!
              WOW! you see it once a month! that's a lot! i have not seen mine in i don't know when?(but the crickets keep going so all is well,!!!

Comment

Originally posted by martin hudson View Post
                WOW! you see it once a month! that's a lot! i have not seen mine in i don't know when?(but the crickets keep going so all is well,!!!
                Indeed, thats about the only clue! spent a week sneaking up in the dark with infra-red film in my camera on the off chance it went for a nocturnal walk.....god knows if there is anything to show for it but im hoping I can see something on it when it comes back!

Comment

Indeed, thats about the only clue! spent a week sneaking up in the dark with infra-red film in my camera on the off chance it went for a nocturnal walk.....god knows if there is anything to show for it but im hoping I can see something on it when it comes back!
                  Ha, good luck with that Ben, i think that most of us have, at some time, spent time in the dark,torch in hand, trying to catch a glimps of our more elusive 'Ts' (the crazy world of the tarantula keeper) i'v even bought a light to strap on me head! SAD but true,.

Comment

Working...
                  X