Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heat mats....A no cost alternative...maybe..???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat mats....A no cost alternative...maybe..???

Ok...

I have my small tank 'set up', on my PC desk...(which is against the wall..and the tank sits next to my monitor)..Which is also, directly above the PC tower unit...

I have found that the heat from the tower unit keeps the temp in the tank at a fairly even constant, between 70 and 80 degrees F ( I leave my PC on all the time...PC's last a lot longer that way...believe me... )

The only probs i have are with the humidity...I have watched my Tarantula and as soon as the humidity creeps above 60%...it raises its body..to full extension...

Obvious answer is that its creating more airflow around its body...so i vent the tank ( Living 200yds from the sea dont help...) and that seems to reduce it .

If this post is a bit boring...Sorry...It was just something that seems to be a cheaper alternative...and it works for me...

DB

( People reading this...if you want advice for your Tarantula...don't bother with any other board other than this one...Different countries...different climates...

This is the BTS...practical advice and help.... and never think that your Tarantula fits the normal behaviour pattern...they seem to be an evolutionary law unto their own...Study, watch..and learn what your own spider needs...)

Too many websites are posting what they have read and not 'practical' day to day keeping of Tarantulas..

Watch...Study...Learn from experience..

Thankyou for reading this...I'm off to bed...I'm collecting a sub-adult red knee later...got everything set up...and i have been waiting soooo long...)

DB
Working...
X