assistance from all you experts on this good forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assistance from all you experts on this good forum

good morning one and all and may i say its a pleasure to be a part of this large community i have been directed here by another forum for the assistance i am asking for.
    i have recently been graced with a T from a friend who literally knew nothing about it and so far i have drawn a total blank. i am still in the learning curve with regards T's and there keeping and nowhere near as experienced as your goodselves are hence i would like to ask if any of you good people could identify what this little fella/girl could be?
    if not for my own curiosity then for the best way to care for it ? i do have other T's etc etc and an individual care sheet for each as they can all be different i have some pics hope they are good enough for a possible ID

as i said any assistance in finding what he/she may be would be really appreciated as i want to ensure im doing things right for it

many thanks for your time and i look forward to becoming an active member here and learning from you all

kind regards eddy

Thrixopelma pruriens ?
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Looks like the Pichangui Blue Femur Euathulus sp. they have for sale at Charlton Reptiles http://www.charltonreptiles.co.uk/livestock.html they have pictures their of it that seem to match yours again theirs have black femurs like yours so not sure why its called a blue femur lol

Comment

it looks like it could be either Euathlas or Thrixopelma, based on my recent experiences!
        but that isn't alot to go on, lol...there are a number of similar looking species like that from what i've heard...
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

To agree with others, i also favour it being Thrixopelma sp, but wouldnt jump on the name puriens. Could be.

To me this isnt one of the Euathlus sp, like the green or blue femur ones from chile. The carapace isnt round enough, nor is the capace so hairy as many of those i've seen. Could be. Its very often impossible to do photo identification and it often leads to mistakes. Whatever name you put on it, write a big question mark next to it!

anyway, for care, lookup Thrixopelma puriens as a guide, these should tolerate a wide range of conditions, and should be quite resistant to whatever conditions you give it. Looks in good condition right now.
          British Tarantula Society
          My Lovely spiders:

Comment

Working...
          X