Lost my big girl :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my big girl :(

Sadly my 20+ yr old L.parahybana died of old age yesterday,all 6 of my kids were distraught and we had to have a little funeral in the garden for her.(i boxed and taped it)
    She's been a fantastic specimen of the species and her personality will be missed.

Onto a bit of better news I have just purchased a P.regalis from the chaps at spiderstore and hopefully will have a good long time with this one(if its a girl)

I am very sorry *hugs*. She had a long life, and sounds like a good one too.

Comment

Sorry for your loss
      20 and some odd years seems v impressive though! :O
      She must've lead a very content life

GL with your new little friend

Comment

Indeed. 20 + years is a long time, and indicates the spider was content and well looked after.

Sorry for your loss.

Just fyi, I think Poecilotheria dont have the potential for such long life spans (i've seen estimates of 8-12 years given).
        British Tarantula Society
        My Lovely spiders:

Comment

she had her good innings and a nice, comfortable life! my sympathies to you though! always sad to lose one
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

thanks peeps,was my 6 kids tht were more gutted,i was expecting it as she had a bleed from her abdomen during her last molt and hasnt been right since(this was 2 yrs ago tho).She did have a v.long good life.
            thanks for the heads up about av.lifespan of p.regalis Stuart,its one of the only things i haven't been able to find info about.
            The guys at spiderstore in hungary have confirmed my new juv. ornamental is in the post.Cant wait

Comment

Working...
            X