Calling all members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all members

As I am sure we are all aware the recession in the UK has a had a devastating effect on many of us. The BTS and the whole hobby is not immune from this. However for many years (twelve yeras I beleive) we have manged to keep membership prices the same and still provide four journals per year. Personally I believe them to be the best in the hobby, but as I say thats my opinion. In an effrot to keep costs down we have started to look at ways of saving money and still provide you with an excellent service. One of the ideas tabled is to search for alternative printers of the journal and open it to tender. As I have said in my previous thread about the BTS and its workings we pay a high price to produce four journals or a single Volume. We are of course happy with our current printers but lets face it in these dark days it pays to shop around. So this is where you can help. Are there any members who own, run or work for a printers. If there are and you feel you may be able to help us then please contact me by PM. We are looking for a printer that can carry out the following work.
    1. Print approximatly 600 journals in colour (from supplied PDF)
    2. Print envelopes with (supplied) addreses and with a return address on the rear.
    3. Pack, frank them with first class postage for the UK and franked printed paper for the Rest of the World and Europe. I say franked as this makes a serious difference to costs.
    4. Send them out to the membership
    5. Return the remainder, with envelopes to head office.

So if anyone knows any decent printers then please let us know.

Cheers

Ray and Angela
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Why not just send the journal via email (secure if needed) as a PDF and be done with printing costs. I assume the content of the journals is of value to the members rather than the actual paper. Anyone needing a hard copy could simply press print.

Comment

Not a bad idea but we tried offering a reduced price for an electronic journal only but the overwelming feedback was that the members want a hard copy to put on thier shelves. We had two people take it up and then they asked for a hard copy a year later. Still worth looking at. Cheers Michael

[B]
      On

Comment

Hi there, I have a good friend who owns a printing company call Portcullis. Web address http://www.portcullisprint.co.uk/ unfortunately his website is under reconstruction at the moment but ill get you his contact details as soon as i can. (cant right now its half 1 in the morning lol) Hes very good at what he does and im pretty damn sure hell be able to beat the price your currently paying. His name is Sean Allison and hes in the Nottingham area. Ill speak to him tommorow. I hope he can help you guys.

Comment

Right sorry for the delay Ive asked him about it and he's more than happy to prepare a quote for you. You can ring him on either 07912341864 (personal) or 01159655597 (Business). He will be expecting your call!

Cheers,
          James.

Comment

Much as I enjoy the hard copy of the journal (and it's certainly easier to read in the bath...), I'd be happy with an electronic version to save the Society some cash. The printed copy could be reintroduced when we return to more lucrative times.

Comment

Many thanks James I will be in touch with your friend soon.

Ray

[B]
              On

Comment

Working...
              X