House of Spiders Enclosures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of Spiders Enclosures

Does anybody have any experience of these enclosures? they seem very reasonably priced. Just would like to know what the quality is like if anyone knows?

I will follow this with interest myself, the enclosures look lovely, i was considering them for my P.mets, special spiders deserve a special enclosure!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Birkley View Post
      I will follow this with interest myself, the enclosures look lovely, i was considering them for my P.mets, special spiders deserve a special enclosure!!
      they do look fantastic don't they? and similar price but more visability than the exoterra ones

Comment

I think there was an early issue with these enclosures coming apart with high temperatures and humidity but i think this has been sorted now!!

They do look damn good!!

Comment

I currently have around 30 HoS enclosures and other than the odd Exo Terra for my larger pokies don't use anything else. Mark's customer service is second to none and he is always willing to make unusual sized one off's if needed. They always have a table at the Manchester Invert club meets (and offer a discount to members) pop along to a meet and see them up close if you're not to far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rawding View Post
            I currently have around 30 HoS enclosures and other than the odd Exo Terra for my larger pokies don't use anything else. Mark's customer service is second to none and he is always willing to make unusual sized one off's if needed. They always have a table at the Manchester Invert club meets (and offer a discount to members) pop along to a meet and see them up close if you're not to far away.

www.manchesterinvertclub.co.uk
            Unfortunately I'm nearly 200 miles away! Im pretty sure I will get one for my new B.emilia juvenile as it actually works out cheaper than the exotera ones

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rawding View Post

www.manchesterinvertclub.co.uk
              Ive just registered on the forum

In leeds so not a million miles away!

Comment

Ive just registered on the forum

In leeds so not a million miles away!
                Cool

You should have an activation email in the next 10 mins

Comment

Thanks, ive just figured out who you are between here RFUK and MISC!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Cook View Post
                    they seem very reasonably priced.
                    These enclosure look extremely good but I think the price is is extremely high as well.
                    If these were the only enclosures available i would start another hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
                      These enclosure look extremely good but I think the price is is extremely high as well.
                      If these were the only enclosures available i would start another hobby
                      Any chance you could give some examples please? These are the only ones I can find other than the exo terra style ones which are pretty similarly priced.

Comment

I think there was an early issue with these enclosures coming apart with high temperatures and humidity but i think this has been sorted now!!

They do look damn good!!
                        I had this happen twice and moved from them to exo and boyu .. both glass and it gives me peace of mind knowing I won't have a T moving around the house.
                        As I was told by some past owners that Perspex don't handle dump or heat too good.
                        So I'll stay with the safer option.

Comment

They're very nice looking and well finished, but yeah cost.

I've got a bunch of acrylic/perspex sheets (lots on amazon pre-cut in various sizes/thickness) and some of the clear acrylic hinges (ebay!), only thing I'm having a problem finding is some little hasp&staples for latching the doors when I eventually get around to having a go at making one myself.

Of course you have to factor in time to actually cut and assemble, price of the decent adhesive etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Furness View Post

only thing I'm having a problem finding is some little hasp&staples for latching the doors when I eventually get around to having a go at making one myself.
                            I had this problem with my latest builds. I've just finished building 12 acrylic arboreal enclosures. I wanted 24 "small" hasp and staples and couldn't find the size I wanted anywhere. Eventually I found a supplier who wanted almost £50.00 for 24 hasps! In the end I found a place in America who supplied them in the size I wanted for less than half that price including shipping and import VAT. They charged me $0.83 a piece!

www.thefabricatorssource.com - Model number: 106 HCA They stock them as "medium" but are the same size as the "small" ones I used to be able to get in the UK. A fraction of the price and shipping took about 10 days.

Jamie
                            My Collection:

Comment

I don't have any of these enclosures but Ive been very tempted. The original issues they had were remedied as these were in their earlier years, and I believe John Chambers was provided a replacement. They are now made of better quality perspex and there have been some refinements to their design.
                              Its worthwhile remembering the cost includes free delivery, and considering many of these are bespoke I think that's quite comparable with the likes of Exo or Custom Aquaria.
                              There are a few threads on RFUK about making your own enclosures. It seems most people came to the conclusion that the end price wasnt that much different to HoS!
                              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X