Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New T in my Collection (very small collection, at the mo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New T in my Collection (very small collection, at the mo)

Hi all just thought i would pop in a picture of my new T, the ever popular Grammostola Rosea..i purchased it 10 days ago in good health and was told it is a female, i believe it is but have yet to do a proper sexing
    i have been reading so much on these enigmatic creatures and feel i am going to be some what addicted to the husbandry of tarantulas and the biggest plus, the kids learn so much by keeping them!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grammostola Rosea 14101102.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	96229

Aww, she's stunning Our rose is such a crazy spider. In a good way of course We started out with her/him and now we have five - check my profile to see the list. Our rose is my profile pictures and along with the G. pulchra they are one of the best spiders to start out with. Good luck and enjoy your new family

Comment

Nice spider and you are so right. They are addictive.

Ray
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

thanks Emma, Ray....Emma i just had a look at your collection and googled them..my favs are the Acanthoscurria geniculata and Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, the colouration on the latter is just amazing but both look like stunning T's all in all a lovely collection...do you plan on any more? do you have any pics of yours?

At the moment i only have a Theraphosa Stirmi and the Grammostola Rosea, i have my eye on a Blondi, Haplopelma lividum and a Pterinochilus murinus, but i need 1 more enclosure and some house moving for my lizards and T's and i can get them all fitting in nicely....

Ray...So So addictive lol, i think that may be my noobness to T's....or my complete fascination with spiders in general...not sure which. lol and off course half the family is scared shxxtless of them

Comment

When I bought my first, various people on forums said 'You will have more, no one has ONE tarantula'. How right they were
          So many beautiful species, so many must-haves.
          I am so pleased I took the plunge and bought one, such fascinating creatures. I am enjoying reading up about the various types, caring for my tiny little slings and generally discovering more about the wonderful world of the tarantula.

Comment

Originally posted by Deborah Richardson View Post
            When I bought my first, various people on forums said 'You will have more, no one has ONE tarantula'. How right they were
            So many beautiful species, so many must-haves.
            I am so pleased I took the plunge and bought one, such fascinating creatures. I am enjoying reading up about the various types, caring for my tiny little slings and generally discovering more about the wonderful world of the tarantula.
            To be honest my long term fear drove my fascination of spiders in general, i had been interested in buying one for ages and had been reading a fair bit but never plucked up the courage to buy one, i had kept a few tegenaria and steatoda nobilis, actually one of the tegies was huge for an English spider. I never held any of them always used a transfer case of some sort bbbrrrr made my hair stand on end lol..but i always wanted a T...then as if over night that was it, i had done my research and decided i would take my fear full on and brought what was sold as a T blondi, knowing it would be a BIG spider, i wanted to start, so i went full in lol..This will make you laugh...as the man in the shop went to transfer the spiderling probably like 1.5 inch it ran up his arm, he goes to me "quick grab it" so i went too, thinking come on you can do it, the dam thing moved and i nearly screamed, my mate JJ was actually crying with laughter....also the fella in the shop tried to palm me of saying it was a pink toed Goliath and worth more money i disagreed..and walked away paying the price already agreed..anyways i got it home, had already prepped up the enclosure and left it to reach ambiance, right temperature and humidity so i knew i could pop it in..time to address the pink toed issue, i had done some research and knew already that there was the blondi, apophysis and Stirmi (former sp.burgandy) i figured with my little knowledge that it was a Stirmi or apophysis most likely the Stirmi not a blondi. So i posted a pictures to get accurate confirmation....sure as eggs is eggs its a Stirmi.....well i am totally hooked, i have handled it yaaaay but try not to as it is actually quite aggressive and have no probs handling the Rose she is a gem and just smashed my fear.....right into obsession lol..although i still have a healthy respect!!!,,,Soon i want to be a fully fledged BTS member and enjoy trawling the posts on this site, RFUK, ATS, giantspiders and arachnoboards and plenty of stuff on youtubes Rob C, i also like technical papers so i cant wait to get some download content. cant wait to breed some and grow my collection and am in the process of getting a good usb microscope to properly sex them and some macro photography stuff and the rest is history...hope ya didn't me sharing this story

Comment

Working...
            X