Spider lover saying Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider lover saying Hello

Hi, I have always had a soft spot for spiders (so much so i was known as boris the spider by my family when I was a kid!) and I just think Tarantulas are so cool!
    I would possibly like one myself(Possibly a mexican red knee to start with) but not at the moment.
    I have read up on their care and have kept exotic pets before, but really i just wanted somewhere to talk about Ts and other spiders.

There is an exotics pet shop in my town(Darlington) and they have some Ts there for about 20 quid; I was quite surprised how cheap they are to buy!
    As i say, i dont have the facilities for one yet, but we have an outdoor shed with electricity supply so its not impossible-just have to persuade the missus
    Also we have a 14 month old baby who takes up a lot of time (I work part time so I can spend time with her) but who knows, one day....

I just think its really cool that theres a British Tarantula Society, which has a forum, unlike the BAS site-part of the reason I'm here I suppose, I love spiders in general and I love forums too!
    Thats about it for now, I'll just have a read of the mesages on here and drool at the pics...
    Regards
    Larry
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

Larry
    Welcome to the BTS forum

Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

hi there
      hated by many
      loved by few
      feared by all

the birdeater

Comment

Well, I said to my girlfriend that I want a Ts, she said no youre not!
        Oh well....
        Ray Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
          Well, I said to my girlfriend that I want a Ts, she said no youre not!
          Oh well....
          That's exactly what my family said. Is your girlfriend arachnophobic? I think she could benefit with having an experience with tarantulas. Surely you two could come to some sort of agreement? As soon as she realises what placid pets T's make, surely she will change her mind.

Have fun.

~Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Sirunus

That's exactly what my family said. Is your girlfriend arachnophobic? I think she could benefit with having an experience with tarantulas. Surely you two could come to some sort of agreement? As soon as she realises what placid pets T's make, surely she will change her mind.

Have fun.

~Chris
            Oh I doub it!
            Shes not arachnaphobic at all(hates moths tho) but if she saw a T crawling towards her she'd probably swat it with her slipper!
            Ray Gabriel

Comment

get another missus

Comment

Get a T.blondi! They are too large to hit with a slipper! (note to Larry. T.blondi are agressive and probably not a great starting spider).

do what i did, and just come home with one!

Comment

Goliath birdeater (Theraphosa blondi), what a beauty!
                  Ray Gabriel

Comment

Do what I did.. I married a girl who loved spiders. Mind you that was 23 years ago. She still loves them ...............
                    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                    On
                    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

T lover

Hi Larry,
                      My son Trevor wanted one, I said no way, I hate spiders. That was 20 years ago,from his first red knee I got hooked, now I'm the one who buys the spiders, we share the living room with 80 or so, 4 of them gravid. Just go for it, but keep the spider!!!!!!!!!

Mary Walters
                      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Working...
                      X