A happy night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A happy night

Well its silly o'clock in the morning and I havent long been home from work and ive just had a nice suprise.
    This afternoon just before leaving for work I quickly checked over the collection as I usually do and noticed that s few small 1.5 -2 inch juvs had moulted so I collected the skins and labelled them.
    I got home from work about 1.30 am and decided to sex the moults and the results were. . .
    M balfouri . . Female
    N chromatus . . Female
    GBB #01 . . . Female
    GBB #04 . . . Female
    C marshalli . . . Male (?) Moult was only 25 mm LS but suspect its a male, will double check on next moult

So not a bad night and to top it off, I found 2 cold beers in the fridge that I forgot about

Well that would be a most excellent night, congrats, how many T's do you have in your collection?

Comment

Errrr... Not exactly sure
      Somewhere around 290 -300 I think LOL
      I'll have to count them one day.

Comment

Omg where do you find room for all them, do you sell them or is that just a hobby ?

Comment

Just a hobby

Some pics from a little while ago of some of my collection (I've recently added another 30 to this lot)

Comment

Thats amazing! bet that lot keep you busy. Re housed one of mine the other day, the terror is getting a bit big now!

sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Wow! That is some collection Peter! My 35 (I think or maybe 34) keep me busy enough. How many hours a week do you need to care for them?

Jamie
              My Collection:

Comment

Total hours ?

Lots and lots . . . Probably about 3 hours or there abouts.
                Ive got to repot about 60 this weekend so add another 2 hours for that bit of fun

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
                  Just a hobby

Some pics from a little while ago of some of my collection (I've recently added another 30 to this lot)

LOL just a hobby indeed...hmmmm may be bordering on obsession just maybe lol.. truly epic collection though, i'll bet you have a good mix, do you have a successful breeding program/process? and what is ya fav T?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Cooper View Post
                    Wow! That is some collection Peter! My 35 (I think or maybe 34) keep me busy enough. How many hours a week do you need to care for them?

Jamie
                    and you to 34 jheez, this really is addictive......come on,, i am gonna get it bad aren't i.....lol

Comment

Very nice collection. Duno what sex our balfouri is yet

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                        Thats amazing! bet that lot keep you busy. Re housed one of mine the other day, the terror is getting a bit big now!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5831883...n/photostream/
                        i have to rehouse mine, finally got what i think is a female, though i could still be wrong lol! yours is lovely, i can't wait til mine looks like that.

Peter, how on earth did you go from none to 300 in 5 months? i wish i had that kind of money LOL. congrats on the females!!!
                        and beer too, that's always a nice treat
                        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post

Peter, how on earth did you go from none to 300 in 5 months? i wish i had that kind of money LOL.
                          Its called dedication LOL (and a incei gold breeding and lots of swopping)

Comment

oh yes...a single breeding can do wonders for your collection. i sold 70odd T subcaerulus at the BTS last May and came home with an armload of new things...and spent almost nothing!
                            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
                              oh yes...a single breeding can do wonders for your collection.
                              Yep it certainly can

I got a AF H. incei 'Gold' and a normal MM at the BTS in May, put them together and ended up with an equal mix of Golds and Normals (64 slings in total)

Comment

Working...
                              X