A Happy Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Happy Morning!

Went to bed last night with my L. parahybana spiderling laying on its back.........as a new keeper of tarantulas and this being my first moult I was worried and didnt sleep much (resisted the urge to keep going and checking!) and woke up this morning to an absolutely perfect moult and a very happy (and bigger) spider. so a very happy morning and a very happy me as I feel I have kind of passed the initial test of keeping tarantulas! A perfect moult has reassured me that im doing the right thing so a big worry out of my mind Pics of my not so little fella to follow when he has dried out and is back to his usual energetic self.

Originally posted by Ben Cook View Post
    Went to bed last night with my L. parahybana spiderling laying on its back........
    When I read the this first part, I really started to get worried about the morals of our modern society. . . And then I read the rest of the post and my mind was put at ease. . . Almost

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Cook View Post
      and this being my first moult
      Doesn't half itch

My SA G.pulchra was in premoult for a good 2 - 3 months before digging herself a burrow and vanishing completely for four weeks. My only previous experience with moults had been with slings and juvies, so anything from a couple of days to a couple of weeks for the whole shebang - rather like you, my anxiety levels were right up there - the temptation to have a root and ensure she was OK was awful!

Glad to say the shabby chocolate brown animal that disappeared underground emerged resplendent. Staggeringly beautiful. (She was in premoult when I acquired her and, despite having seen photographs, I wasn't prepared for how stunning she now looks)

My SA G.pulchripes did the same thing a week or two later and I was still worrying before she, too, came out just gorgeous in her finery.

I suspect it will all become run-of-the-mill soon and I'll cease the worry, though I hope never to lose the child-like amazement at the sheer beauty of the freshy moulted beasties.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKelly View Post

I suspect it will all become run-of-the-mill soon and I'll cease the worry,
        Yes it definately will become just one of those things that they do like eat and sit still for days on end.

Originally posted by DJKelly View Post
        though I hope never to lose the child-like amazement at the sheer beauty of the freshy moulted beasties.
        Yep, that goes as well.

The only time that i even think about a T moulting is if I want to sex it, otherwise i just totally ignore an impending moult apart from slightly increasing the humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
          When I read the this first part, I really started to get worried about the morals of our modern society. . . And then I read the rest of the post and my mind was put at ease. . . Almost
          I like to wine and dine them first. but its too young to drink just yet

Comment

Working...
          X