Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership question

Hello everyone!

Last month (15 May) I paid for membership to the BTS via paypal, following the links through this site.

Can anyone tell me how long it is before I will get any response regarding my membership?
    Please note that I am not complaining! I understand that committee members are busy people. I would just like to know that my membership has been received and logged. Entrance to the members part of this site would also be appreciated!

I did try sending an e-mail, but I keep getting an error (de-bugging) message from this site when I do, so I apologise for posting this here.

Kindest regards,

Richard Groves.

Re: Membership question

Originally posted by Coolsox2003uk
    Hello everyone!

Last month (15 May) I paid for membership to the BTS via paypal, following the links through this site.

Can anyone tell me how long it is before I will get any response regarding my membership?
    Please note that I am not complaining! I understand that committee members are busy people. I would just like to know that my membership has been received and logged. Entrance to the members part of this site would also be appreciated!

I did try sending an e-mail, but I keep getting an error (de-bugging) message from this site when I do, so I apologise for posting this here.

Kindest regards,

Richard Groves.

Richard

You are quite right we are busy people as we all work 9-5 and some of us 8 to late 6 days a week, and the BTS stuff takes up a great deal of what little free time we have and this is all done voluntary, we do it for the love and are happy to do so.

However posting this here only 2 weeks and a bit after ordering online, without contacting Angela or Ray via direct email, or indeed me is a bit strange. I do check my email every day at least 3 times a day. I do my best to reply to web problems within 48 hours; unless I am out of the country even then I will do my best. Yet I had no enquiry from you about your membership problems.

Ok I appreciate your frustration and the moment you get a receipt from pay pal, and then the money has gone through. However it was a few days pre BTS show when you joined, and Angela has had over 110 renewals and new memberships to sort out, which I am informed are sorted now and I am happy to say that your journal and membership has been sent, it went out Friday this week along with a vast number of others.

Yes we apologise about the delay, but I urge anyone having any concern over membership to contact Angela, Ray, Kim or myself via direct email to avoid problems like "error debugger" which may be a problem directly connected with your PC, and your own ISP. Not just the BTS web site.

We are working on a new payment system and faster processing which does not involve pay pal, this should go live shortly!

So Richard, panic over your journal is in the post along with your membership card, plus access to the member’s site and the opportunity to download 16 or more back issues. Now that is value for money! Hopefully this has answered your questions and sorted your problem. If the PO was on the ball you should have had your journal on Saturday, however we live in an era of a very poor (diabolical) postal service which is out of our control.

Hopefully it will be worth a few weeks wait. Thank you for supporting the BTS.

Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Richard

thanks for the question. No problem

After the BTS Exhibition each year I have around 100 members to process. Some are credit cards , others are cheques. As I am sure you will appreciate we return home on the Monday after the show somewhat weary from the proceedings . Running the BTS is a hobby and unfortunatly we have boring mundane jobs to do to earn a crust. During the last weeks of May we have to process all the new members, balance the accounts from the show, pay in the cheques and try to feed my own collection as well as do our day jobs. Sometimes this takes longer than I would hope. I apologise to any member who is waiting to hear from us after the show. You will recieve your journal asap. Credit cards take longer to process and we can only process PayPal members when I pick up my e-mails. Ray works away from home quite a lot so yes it does take time

We love to hear from members but please, please bear in mind that we recieve about 15 each night and although I love the BTS and the hobby dearly we cant talk about spiders all night. ( I have to eat).

All the journals from the show have now been processed and the last few will go out tomorrow. Please be patient................

Angela
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Membership question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coolsox2003uk wrote:
        Hello everyone!

Kindest regards,

Richard Groves.

Richard

You are quite right we are busy people as we all work 9-5 and some of us 8 to late 6 days a week, and the BTS stuff takes up a great deal of what little free time we have and this is all done voluntary, we do it for the love and are happy to do so.

However posting this here only 2 weeks and a bit after ordering online, without contacting Angela or Ray via direct email, or indeed me is a bit strange. I do check my email every day at least 3 times a day. I do my best to reply to web problems within 48 hours; unless I am out of the country even then I will do my best. Yet I had no enquiry from you about your membership problems.

Ok I appreciate your frustration and the moment you get a receipt from pay pal, and then the money has gone through. However it was a few days pre BTS show when you joined, and Angela has had over 110 renewals and new memberships to sort out, which I am informed are sorted now and I am happy to say that your journal and membership has been sent, it went out Friday this week along with a vast number of others.

Yes we apologise about the delay, but I urge anyone having any concern over membership to contact Angela, Ray, Kim or myself via direct email to avoid problems like "error debugger" which may be a problem directly connected with your PC, and your own ISP. Not just the BTS web site.

We are working on a new payment system and faster processing which does not involve pay pal, this should go live shortly!

So Richard, panic over your journal is in the post along with your membership card, plus access to the member’s site and the opportunity to download 16 or more back issues. Now that is value for money! Hopefully this has answered your questions and sorted your problem. If the PO was on the ball you should have had your journal on Saturday, however we live in an era of a very poor (diabolical) postal service which is out of our control.

Hopefully it will be worth a few weeks wait. Thank you for supporting the BTS.

Regards
        Mark

Mark,

Thanks for your response. I did try and send a personal email, using two seperate computers but got the same error message each time. I don't think there is anything strange about posting my question here. I stated that I was not complaining. I don't mind waiting, I just wanted confirmation.

Comment

glad someone else started this thread instead of me.. i was getting worried too. But if they are all in the post, then it's all good.
          And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I did try and send a personal email, using two seperate computers but got the same error message each time. I don't think there is anything strange about posting my question here. I stated that I was not complaining. I don't mind waiting, I just wanted confirmation.
            Richard
            Yes I understand that fully and do appreciate your fustration I mentioned this in my reply. If you email using the links via the BTS committee page you should have no problems contact me or any of the other committee members.

Like I said, I am sorry you have had to wait, if I had got a email from you I would have jumped on the case and contacted Angela by phone, you would have had a response the same day.

I think you may have got the wrong idea from my post, it was not meant to cause any offence to you and if has then I apologise.

Hopefully you have had your journal by now if not contact me and I will forward you access codes to the members area so you can at least start reading the huge back issue section.

Regards
            Mark

------------------------------------------------------
            Serious Ink tattoo studio -
            Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

For the people that signed up at the show, is there any ETA as to when we'll receive our memberships?

Cheers

Neil
              And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Working...
              X