Old MM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old MM

HI, guy's probably a bit of a silly question but, I have a MM Psalmopoeus Irminia, i have only had him for a couple of months, but in this time he has not webbed any sperm-webs, can any one tell me, for how long does a MM keep webbing? & just to add, he has eaten twice in the two months,if that has any baring on the matter! any help would be great thanks.

hi there martin i dont know if this will help but i have a couple of mature males one smithi and the other a rosa both took months to get round to makeing sperm webs.i remember the first time i see it the spider was inside it upside down i thought i had a problem but i was told this was normal behaviour you probably already know this. and as for eating i find the males seem to be very hit and miss where eating is concerned they might eat one cricket every month or two might be longer but all i know is they look good for it. im no expert but if anything i hope this helps put your mind at rest.

Comment

HI Vincent,thanks for your reply mate,i was realy thinking that he might be almost ready to ''curl up his toes'' so to speak!
      i want to find out if he has done all he's going to do,hoping he will be around for awhile,but probably not.

Comment

sorry martin my answer to your question was in the wrong direction. my male rosa produces a sperm web around every 4 to 6 months or there abouts so there's a chance yours could produce one in the near future.
        ive had mine about three years now and he very rarely eats but like i said he seems happy enough. it's a shame you dont know how old he is that way you would have a rough idea whats going on as far as his well being is concerned. anyway good luck with him mate hope the outcomes good for you and the t.

Comment

Working...
        X