Breeding T.Blondi - Advice Needed Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding T.Blondi - Advice Needed Please

Approximately 1 week ago, I introduced my adult male and female T.blondi's together and observed an apparent successful mating (and I still have all of my fingers!!)

However, I have been advised that it may be an idea to try the male once more with my female.

Therefore can I ask those of you that have successfully bred this species, how long should I give it before re-introducing him back to the female?

He is still a very active, fit and healthy male.

Regards,

Howard

if your going to re introduce the male wait till he has made another sperm web.

When I have mated T blondi I find that if thr 1st mating is successful the my female dosent care about thr male a second time round. I'm still yet to get a sac.

T boldi are not an easy species to breed

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Graeme,

I know that he has been active spinning web, but I have not observed an actual sperm web. Which I believe they destroy shortly after anyway?

To be safe, would you say the end of this week or so? That would then be a 2 week gap.

Thanks,

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by huk7
        Thanks Graeme,

I know that he has been active spinning web, but I have not observed an actual sperm web. Which I believe they destroy shortly after anyway?

To be safe, would you say the end of this week or so? That would then be a 2 week gap.

Thanks,

Howard

you can usually see when they ahve done one wven when they destroy it threre are still some remains.

the 2 week gap should be fine

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for your help!!!

Comment

Working...
          X