new addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new addition

hi all well i've really gone to town this time and bought home a pelinoblus muticus or citharischius crawshayi aka king baboon it's a young female about 4 and half inch leg span and very chunky. the guy in the shop removed the lid to introduce me to her and she was very keen to come out and show herself so i could see her properly. at the moment she's in the container i bought her home in wich is about 10 inch square container by 12 high she's at the bottom where she's burrowed down. im in the process at the moment of setting up her permanent home as i dont want to have to disturb her to much once she's settled not unless i realy have to what ever the reason might be. i've done my homework on these t's and have a pretty good idea as to there requirements but if anyone has any tips advise i would be grateful.

Hi Vincent, as you've done your homework, you'll probably know they spend 90% of their time below ground, which is a shame because they're a lovely T, and always look in nice condition as they don't flick hairs, at least none of mine ever have. Don't get the burrow wet or you might find you get mite problems. Hope you've got yourself a positive female, and good luck with her.

Comment

cheers for that linda i'll keep that in mind. linda is there a definite way of telling the sex of these t's as i understand the males dont have the normal tell tale signs as new world t's. i took the guys word it was female and i read somewhere the females are i little bigger and more stocky built is that correct.

Comment

Hi Vincent, yes the females are a stronger sturdier looking T and the rear two legs are noticeably more substantial on the female.

Comment

excellent looking good so far then. thanks for that linda.

Comment

Working...
          X