Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poecilotheria ages to moult!

Hello.

my pendersenia has been hiding away for over a month and I'm wondering is this normal?
    Just how long does a pokie take ?

I've kept an eye on her and she just turns around and I've not fed as the last cricket I put in I had to remove.. uneaten.

A pokie moulting takes about as long as it wants and it doesnt moult to anyones timetablebut its own.

Some adults may hide away for several months before the moult and for several after as well.

I would just ignore her until she comes out which may be next week or it may be in the new year LOL

As a point of interest your pokie is a pederseni not a pendersenia !
    Last edited by Peter Roach; 19-11-11, 08:18 PM.

Comment

wait until its adult and by all accounts it should be moulting and then 6 months later youre still waiting and...nothing, just more waiting, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
        A pokie moulting takes about as long as it wants and it doesnt moult to anyones timetablebut its own.

Some adults may hide away for several months before the moult and for several after as well.
        I would just ignore her until she comes out which may be next week or it may be in the new year LOL
        As a point of interest your pokie is a pederseni not a pendersenia !
        She is poecilotheria pederseni .. it's the spell checker that doesn't understand lol

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Dye View Post
          wait until its adult and by all accounts it should be moulting and then 6 months later youre still waiting and...nothing, just more waiting, lol
          And people say Grammies are slow lol..
          At least I can just wait without worry now lol.

Comment

Working...
          X