will i ever see her again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will i ever see her again

hi everyone i just wanted to know will i ever see my king baboon again. i got her a few weeks ago put her in her tank and she's dug herself right in. the substrates about 7 inches deep. when she first went in she blocked the front ot the hide had a good old dig down and now the back of the hide has been filled as well it looks like i've got myself a mole living in there. i just wanted to know 1 will she be ok totally covered and 2 what are the chances of seeing her again. bye the way i got myself a female obt yesterday and what a stunning spider i know there very fast and aggresive but im confident i will do right bye her. she's done the same only she hasn't started digging yet.

my first spider was a b.vagans sling, it burrowed 2 weeks after getting it and closed the hole up. didnt see it again for 2 months, then it was just sitting out in the open, bigger and very hungry!

Comment

hi ben i hope this baboon does the same. i dont mind if i see her every now and then as these t's like to spend more time hidden away which is a shame as she's very impressive. fingers crossed i'll see her soon. thanks for your reply ben.

Comment

I got an Acanthoscurria geniculata sling 9 weeks ago. Tiny little thing, just under a cm total. I popped him in his little pot and he started burrowing. And that was that. No sign of Morgan anywhere.

A few days ago I spotted him at the bottom of a burrow, up against the clear wall of the pot. Today he was still there, curled up. It didn't look good at all

I got my plastic tweazers and poked gently in to the burrow. No movement.

I poked again, and again, feeling very sad, poor little Morgan

Suddenly there is a flurry of movement from nearby - and a considerably bigger, very grumpy Morgan is attacking my offensive tweazers.

The 'dead Morgan' was his shed molt, heh.

He has now gone back down his burrow - perhaps I will see him again in another couple of months, maybe bigger still, hehe.

Comment

hi there deborah im glad to hear your youngster's ok and doing well. i got a young acanthoscurria geniculata about 14 months ago she had about a 3 inch leg span when i first got her now she looks about 6 to 7 inches they do grow pretty quick. i was able to sex her after her first molt i was over the moon. i guess i'll just have to sit tight and wait for my king baboon to come out. im just a little concerned that she hasn't eaten or had a drink. anyway thanks for your reply deborah and good luck with your t.

Comment

not to gloat (much) but i housed my P muticus in a tall custom aquaria tank. she has set up shop and is visible all the time no matter where she is or what she's doing. she seems alright with this arrangement too.
            these tanks may work for other less webby burrowers too.
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

hi james it's a bit late to set up again as she's made herself right at home now. the set up i've provided for her has been done bye the book so to speak more floor space rather than hight and of course deep substrate. i have heard they stay under ground for ages and only show themselves once in a blue moon. im just a little concerned as she hasen't eaten or touched the water boul for a couple of weeks now i just hope she's ok. thanks for your reply james.

Comment

My C darlingi dug some amazing tunnels in her enclosure but I saw her out quite a lot and the webs she spun were amazing. But my M balfouri has never been seen since it was housed. I got that worried about it I actually had to have a look and lifted the bark that was over it's tunnel only to find it very much alive and well. It's been like that for months now and I know it's doing okay as the webs are getting bigger and the food disappears but have I seen it - have I heck!!!

Comment

i might just do that Paul. but having said that the food items are going so she must be eating. i think she's gone down quite a way so digging about i don't think would be wise as i don't know exactly where she is. thanks for your reply mate.

Comment

i havent seen my asian fawn that son and hubby got for me it set up a burrow type thing webbed itself in and if im really lucky i see a leg got so worried it was dead and id done something wrong had to ask on here if it was set up right seems it is and they just like to hide so i have an empty looking set up this is what i get when hubby surprises me with a T next time i must insist i pick even tho i do like he bought me something he knew id love id just like to see it occaisionally

Comment

that's understandable asmaa i have four spiders that hide away 2 cobalt blue's an obt and the king baboon which has been the spider in question. there all really nice looking t's the only problem is i hardly see them although the cobalt's do come out a few times a week so it is good to at least see them two. i find the new world t's tend to spend more time out in the open. anyway hopefully i'll see the king baboon sooner rather than later fingers crossed. many thanks for your reply asmaa and when you get your next t hopefully it'll rather spend more time out in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by vincent winyard View Post
                        that's understandable asmaa i have four spiders that hide away 2 cobalt blue's an obt and the king baboon which has been the spider in question. there all really nice looking t's the only problem is i hardly see them although the cobalt's do come out a few times a week so it is good to at least see them two. i find the new world t's tend to spend more time out in the open. anyway hopefully i'll see the king baboon sooner rather than later fingers crossed. many thanks for your reply asmaa and when you get your next t hopefully it'll rather spend more time out in the open.
                        i hope so i see all my others but i wont complain too much least my hubby bought me something good instead some rubbish thing like an iron and when i did see it it was a lovely looking T

Comment

Working...
                        X