Tarantula mugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantula mugs?

Hi guys and gals, a friend of mine asked me about tarantula mugs the other day, and when I said I'd never seen one anywhere before, he decided he might be 'on to something', and has asked me to post a few questions on here and see what feedback I get. If you could copy and paste the questions I paste below, along with your answers, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Dave ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1) Have you ever seen coffee mugs with a tarantula design/theme for sale anywhere?------------------------------------------------------------------------2) If "yes", did you buy one? If not, why not? If "no", would you buy one?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3) If you did buy one, how much did you pay?/If you were able to buy one, how much would you be willing to pay? (£5/£10/£15/£20) ------------ the last six are completely optional, but would be extremely helpful ----4) What is your favourite species of tarantula? ------------------------------------------- 5) How many tarantulas do you own? (approximately) --------------------------------- 6) What is your age? ------------------------------------- 7) What is your marital status? ------------------------------------------- Do you have children? ------------------------------------------ 9) Do you smoke?
    “The attitude of the average person to the world they live in is completely selfish. When I take people round to see my animals, one of the first questions they ask (unless the animal is cute and appealing) is, "what use is it?" by which they mean, "what use is it to them?"...By and large, by asking the question "what use is it?" you are asking the animal to justify its existence without having justified your own.” - Gerald Durrell

I'm guessing you've not looked on the likes of Zazzle? http://www.zazzle.co.uk/tarantula+mugs and of course amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...la+mug&x=0&y=0

Yeah, there's hundreds of them! AFAIK (from hinting) I'm getting one from Santa. Personally though I think they're pretty overpriced on Zazzle, I usually pay about £8 fo a nice printed, non mass-market, mug when I buy them for people.

In answer to the other questions: I'm 41, married 20yrs come February, 3 kids (all lads 12, 15 & 17yrs), should have 33 T's when the 4 I've got coming from TSS arrive today and nope to the last Q.

Comment

I was given a mug with a 3D 6 legged B. smithi for a handle as a Christmas gift a few years ago. It's quite a fancy looking mug so you'd think they'd at least get the number of legs right, lol.
      www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

and of course the very own BTS coffee mugs that were on sale a while back at the BTS Expo.

and will be back very soon...

Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

bit late but ive never seen any but i would like to id probably pay between 5-10 for a decent mug i loved bit fussy tho as id like to see on ewith a few different Ts on my personal favourites are mexican red knee green bottle blue and martenique pink toes

5) How many tarantulas do you own? 8
          6) What is your age? 32 feeling like 390
          7) What is your marital status?married
          Do you have children? yes 5 of them a boy at 13 and 4 girls at 11 9 4 and 3
          9) Do you smoke? nope

Comment

Santa brought me a pokie regalis mug and a pokie rufilata t-shirt - wife got them from Zazzle she says. I'm impressed with the quality of both, they're photo-print type and look really nice. There's loads of others on there too.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback, and apologies for my late reply. To be honest, other than a few I'd not heard of Zazzle or the like. I suppose I'd better use google a bit more eh! Speaking of Pokies though, Lee, I just received a sub-adult female P. ornata today from Lee @ the spider shop (Christmas present from my mam and dad )...she's absolutely stunning, makes my P. metallica look dull!
              “The attitude of the average person to the world they live in is completely selfish. When I take people round to see my animals, one of the first questions they ask (unless the animal is cute and appealing) is, "what use is it?" by which they mean, "what use is it to them?"...By and large, by asking the question "what use is it?" you are asking the animal to justify its existence without having justified your own.” - Gerald Durrell

Comment

i love spidershop.uk prices are decent for the ones they have and i know they supply a couple shops near me so i can buy from the store and know they come from a good place my only problem they have so many i want

with regards the mugs i looked on zazzle and it was usa did i look wrong place or would i need to have it shipped from abroad

Comment

tarantula mugs is a good idea ,
                  but just how many would be owned ?
                  after all one tarantula is not enough lol.. as for smoking I do try not to catch fire ... pmsl

Comment

Any chance of the new mug range including individual species design Mark (a selection of the most popular 5, for example)? Also could the old P. metallica T-shirts make a comeback (the blue ones)? How about the full range of Poecilotheria T-shirts, a different colour for each species?
                    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Zazzle is a global site. Use the ".co.uk" extension for the UK specific site - here: http://www.zazzle.co.uk/
                      search bar on there and just try a few different things..
                      here's the mug that I got and it's really nice quality: http://www.zazzle.co.uk/mug_poecilot...28972770877115
                      and a pokie t-shirt: http://www.zazzle.co.uk/poecilotheri...10838327001454
                      and an OBT wanting a cuddle: http://www.zazzle.co.uk/fangs_starbu...67996658400307

Remember, sites like Zazzle or CafePress offer the images on a lot of products, sometimes you need to search a bit, but it's not rocket science!!

Lee

Comment

Personally i think the tshirts are better. You could do 4 or 5 designs i.e. Background and spider. Mugs are cool to. Would probley pay around £7.50 for one. £15 for tshirt. Im 20, no kids, non smoker .

Comment

Working...
                        X