Female B. Smithi question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female B. Smithi question

Hi everyone, my female B.Smithi has just molted, I,ve had her from a sling 4years ago. she,s now a fair size, approx 140-150. Would she be mature, and would I be able to mate her, how do you tell when a female is mature? , would be gratefull of any help,
    Here,s a photo of last molt,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Robin Pearson; 27-12-11, 09:33 PM. Reason: had to resize photo

i had the same question....
    here is the thread.
    “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Hi Robin.

The photo needs to be much much much larger if you want the T to be sexed (the larger the better) and the area that needs particular attention is is above the the top pair of book lungs.

Comment

Thanks Lee that helped me understand abit more, I,ve put a better photo in looking for anyone,s thought,s on being a mature female?.
        Attached Files

Comment

With a leg span of around 5.5" and sclerotised spermathecae i'd say she would definitely be ready for breeding.
          Put your arms around me
          Fiddly digits, itchy britches
          I love you all

Comment

well it's female as my b.smithi didn't have any of that when I sexed him lol..

Comment

Originally posted by craig mcinnes View Post
              With a leg span of around 5.5" and sclerotised spermathecae i'd say she would definitely be ready for breeding.
              So sclerotised sperathecae is the word I,ve be looking for is it, lol, don,t think I can say it though. cheers craig.

Comment

Originally posted by John chambers View Post
                well it's female as my b.smithi didn't have any of that when I sexed him lol..
                So are you saying you might have an available male. Has he matured yet, I could be interested either way, thanks john.

Comment

Working...
                X