asian fawn help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asian fawn help plz

my hubby decided to surprise me with a T just after xmas him and my son picked an asian fawn (chilobrachys huahini) apparently my son just liked the look of it and the store said it builds great webs but can bite so do not attempt to handle no worries i like to watch them but im now thinking something must be wrong with the set up it came with because its gone in hiding build a tiny web cave on a fake plant and never comes out

its little sticker said temp 24-28c so 76-78f and its getting to 26c/ 78f humidity 75-80% got that it has a shallow water dish to help that and it came with a plastic tank 1ft long 8inch wide and about 10inch tall maybe 4inch substrate which looks like fine vermiculite mixed with bark of some sort i aint putting my hand in to find out in case it decides to come out and bite

maybe its ok and im just paranoid all my other Ts are easy docile and all active hunt shed etc ok but i also found information on them this is proving a problem and what information the google gives me is sketchy limited to temp and humidity and frankly rather rubbish in how it should behave or what it should be on etc and i know how stores will set anything anyway to make a sale the only other thing i know about it is its a juvenile and maybe 3-4inch long in body i aint measuring but did get a picture if that would help but that was before it went in hiding

any help/advice much appreciated

Chilobrachys are whats known as a pet hole. Yes they can and do make extentive webbing but that doesnt mean that you will ever see it LOL

Comment

so i neednt worry that its just in a small corner attached to a fake plant and hidden? i would hate to think it died on me but if its normal im happy

Comment

Working...
      X