Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True blondi or strimi??can anyone tell for sure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True blondi or strimi??can anyone tell for sure?

Click image for larger version

Name:	blondi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	96267

can anyone tell me if thats a true blondi??it does look like one to me but i would like to take another opinion.

thank you
    Attached Files

Id say Theraphosa stirmi.

Comment

ohh lord i hope you are wrong...it was sold to me as blondi!

Comment

Originally posted by dimitris vrontamitis View Post
        I'm not seeing any hair present on the patella's on that photo, Theraphosa blondi have hairy patella's. This thread may be of some use Click

Comment

I asked and again if it is a blondi and i was told yes...IT was from 888 reptile shop.I am really disappointing now( i payed 100 pounds. I hope you are wrong which i doubt.

Comment

There are many shops and people who cant tell the difference or just dont care, to them its just a goliath/blondi

Comment

Originally posted by dimitris vrontamitis View Post
              Hey if its any consolation i went all the way to kings cross in London like 80miles to buy what i was told was a T blondi, i done some reading before, when i arrived i immediately noticed the 4 little pink feet and suspected a T stirmi and not a true blondi, when i mentioned it to the proprietor of the shop, he immediately went on the "oh its a pinkfooted Goliath (aka T Apophysis i guessed)and wanted to try and charge more" i knew that they have 8 little pink feet not 4,,the bloke didn't have a clue really and i certainly wasn't paying anymore, after some debate i brought it at a very slightly reduced price! i posted some pics to get confirmation and sure as eggs is eggs it was a T Stirmi, granted i didn't pay that much for it BUT i never went back to the shop and the T Stirmi is an awesome species clearly a Goliath of a spider. If the man is reasonable show him the replys on the pc or make your case with all the evidence you can collect showing you done ya research, if ya lucky you may get some sort of deal in the next purchase. if nothing else its a point to haggle with!!!! and good luck with ya T Stirmi, me i am well pleased with mine even though its not a T Blondi its still gonna be a monster...

Comment

..where was the shop in Kings Cross and what was it called? I didn't know there was a T shop in central, that's very close to me

Comment

Originally posted by Frederica Patmore View Post
                  ..where was the shop in Kings Cross and what was it called? I didn't know there was a T shop in central, that's very close to me
                  Ok its not a T shop its called cally pet shop in calidonian between kings cross and angel, its quite small, and even though the guy didn't know his blondi from his stirmi, he seemed a pleasant enough chap! Whether he has any T's in there at the mo I have no idea, if you want his phone number I can give it to you if you like, sorry if that info may have dashed ya hopes of a T shop in ya area.

Comment

Working...
                  X