Recent Problems with Postage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Problems with Postage

Following a recent spate of Journals going missing I decided to do some investigating of my own. As most of you know the Journals are sent out by the Post Office on our behalf. We prepay them and they frank them and send them out. A privelage I hasten to say for which they charge a fee.

I have spoken to the Post office who have assured me that all mail is treated equally ( with contempt) and that they deliever them when they should. Thisd would appear not to be the case however. A number seem to have gone astray again.

So, the last Journal was Volume 20 no 3 and was Dated May 2005. This was sent out the week before the show.

All members who joined athe the show have been processed and went out by the end of May.

We work to the following guides.

1. Application arrives.
    2. Application is processed on the Friday of that week
    3. Journal is sent out within a week. Normally by the following Friday.
    4. Credit Card applications take loger as we have to await authorisation to proceed. This can take up to a week as they are processed by Andrew Smith who has to then inform us that the card is valid. ( This is changing in the near future)
    5. PayPal applications are processed as and when I open my e-mails. Again this can take time as I work awaya lot and open them once or twice a week.
    If anyone is still awaiting the Journal please e-mail me and I will get straight on it. I know this is a pain in the rear but its not our fault , honest.

PS....before you send me a snotty e-mail please make sure you are actually a member as I have recieved a couple where they have lapsed and not rejoined.
    PPS. .....if you havent rejoined , please do so as this causes even further delays when you ask for your back issues.

PPPS......for some reason members in Ireland seem to be particularly effected by the post office

Sorry to go on every one but this is a real problem to us and short of delievering them by hand we are at a lost

Let me know .....
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Hi Ray,

Its common Knowledge that the postage service in this day and age is dreadful,
    I think i Know why the Irish postage maybe messed up,they changed their postage system about 3/4 months ago,and the guy in the post office said its a disaster,people are recieving warning letters about bills that are not being paid,yet they are not recieving the actual bills. The main problem seems to lie in the main sorting offices not the small post offices.

So ray ill see you at my door bright and early tomorrow with the new glossy edition i hand

Ps Typical the new edition would have some articles about Avic,s in it and bloody haven,t see it.
    Cheers
    Brendan

Comment

Hi, the only problem I've come across so far (in all the long 6 months or so I've been a member ) was Royal Mail failing to frank the envelope at all and then complaining that there was no postage on it. There was no question that it was Royal Mail who bore responsibility for that one. I've never been aware of problems on the Irish side, generally, but I know someone who worked in an Oxford sorting office for a while, and he's never trusted Royal Mail further than he could throw it since then! So there's my 2c worth in support of the Irish postal system, anyway. It may be misplaced trust, but there you go.

Comment

Thanks for the posts,

I had a feelimg there was something going on. I would say if anyone recieves a journal in an unfranked envelope please e-mail me. Its the kind of proof I need to show the post office whats happening. They have just stung us for a 20% increase on franking. Funny I thought we paid postage to cover handling costs.

Brendan, theres another on on its way........

[B]
        On

Comment

Re: Recent Problems with Postage

Originally posted by RayHale
          Sorry to go on every one but this is a real problem to us and short of delievering them by hand we are at a lost

What a frightening thought!

Mine seems to come on time and even if its abit late its no real problem. We all know the post is a pile of poo, and anyway I blame Guy because.........well hes a geordie!

Comment

Hi Ray,

Any updates,as its hasn,t arrived over here yet!
            Cheers
            Brendan

Comment

Hi brendan

I have emailed you personally. we will sort this out I promise.

ray

[B]
              On

Comment

Hi Ray,

The journal arrived by registered post.i meant to say this earlier. Thanks
                Cheers
                Brendan

Comment

Working...
                X