Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill Brachypelma Smithii - can anyone offer any advice or wise words please

Hi,

Would anyone have any advice on how to care for an ill B. smithii and what may be wrong? Fuzzy-Wuzzy is coming up for 12 years old, I've had her since a spiderling. For a few weeks now she has been much less active, (usually she's a keen hair flicker and quite skittish), her abdomen is held pointing downwards and her legs are held quite near her body. Over the last week she only moves reluctantly if disturbed, and her abdomen is starting to look as though it has small wrinkles (on the bald bit where shes previously flicked the hairs off). I doubt she is eating as she doesnt seem to have the energy to move to catch anything,although she's not looking skinny. She has taken to sitting in her water bowl for most of the day. Her tank temperature is approx 23-24 degrees C, I am keeping the humidity a bit higher at about 50-60% as I think she may be dehydrated (due to the wrinkles and sitting in water bowl.). It may be that she is just getting old and its her time, but I want to make sure I dont miss anything and do everything I can to keep her healthy, happy and alive if possible. Any advice would be very gratefully recieved. Many thanks, Claudia

Can you post a picture. This may help us see what's wrong.

Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

After a few emails between us Claudia asked me to post this image for her. It looks like an infected mouth but may well be deeper infection. I can't think of a remedy myself or how best to treat it. Anyone else seen anything like this. Mark
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mark Pennell; 19-01-12, 09:29 AM. Reason: picture

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
      X