Odd G.Rosea Behaviour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd G.Rosea Behaviour.

My female G.Rosea has been off her food for a good few weeks. She's currently 5" legspan, so i guessed she was coming up for her adult moult.

Anyway, i tried her on a cricket this morning and left her too it. Just now, she came out of her lair with the cricket in her mouth, and put it on the floor, still alive, and un-injuried.

Is she just premoult and wanting some peace and quiet? or are there nasty things afood? I checked her over, and i can't see any injuries or infections on her, and the temperatures/humidity as same as always.
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

My G.Rosea didnt eat for at least 4 months...

Nothing...no matter how long i left the 'brown' crickets in the tank...I ended up having to feed the crickets...

I bought a smaller tank...changed to black crickets...and the s**t hit the fan...

She ate 4 one day...3 the next...and she aint never looked back...sometimes taking two at once...

The 'black' crickets are gone within 20 minutes...

Just a thought...

DB

Comment

She's grown up in this tank.. nothing is any different to how it was 9 months ago when she first went in this tank, just now she decided to take the crickets outside and chase them away.
      And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

ROSEA

Hi Neal,
        Have you checked her fangs??
        We had a colouratovilosum break hers off at the base of the chelcera and had to feed her by hand(article on how is in journalFeb 2005 vol 20 No2 pages 38-39). Ours came through it and moulted new fangs in a month, if this is the case refer to my article or email me.

Regards, Mary Walters
        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Can't see any damage to her anywhere.

Is it possible she's just adult sized now and so doesn't need to feed as much?? There's no way of telling that a female is adult externally is there?

Is she perhaps lieing in wait for a male?

Comment

Well, here's an update.

She's moved to a smaller tank, as my growing genic needed her tank. Gave her a day or two to settle in, and the cricket i left in this morning has gone

Looks like she is adult then, and just not hungry.

Comment

Okay, the last time i said she'd eaten she hadn't. But in the last two days i've seen her eat 2 crickets, so i guess it was just a fast.

Time to find her a mate i think

Comment

Working...
              X