Different growth rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different growth rates

Has anyone noticed a big difference in the growth rate of same sex slings from the same sac ?

The 3 female Brachypelma boehmei in the photo were all bought as 1cm slings at the same time from the same person and it is almost certain that they are from the same eggsac. The 2 on the left were rehoused shortly before the photo was taken which is why the substrate is slightly more moist (I always keep a sealed bucket full of hydrated coir ready)
    All are kept in identical tubs, fed the same amount and type of food (red runner roaches)

Last edited by Peter Roach; 04-02-12, 11:01 PM.

I have 3 P regalis from the same sac (sex unknown) that show a similar pattern even though they have the same sized enclosures are kept at the same temp and humidity and are fed the same amount of food at the same time. Odd isn't it?

Comment

see now im going to end up buying 3 slings to try this out purely for the science you understand lovely Ts btw

Comment

I have 5 L.parahybana from the same egg sack. All in exactly same conditions, pots, fed the same etc and only two are at the same size. Strange....
        David Attenborough:
        ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

Not that unusual, two T Blondi, same sac, sisters, kept the same, fed the same and pretty much moulted together, within a day or so, and after about 14-18 months one made better growth than the other, now 3 years old and one is noticeably bigger by about 15%. The smaller one eats less, and is in premoult longer.

Comment

Working...
          X