Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poecilotheria Regalis moult

Hi all,

my juvenile P. regalis has moved itself into a piece of cork bark tube which is fairly narrow diameter. He/she takes up approx half the diameter of the tube when at rest in there.
    Thing is that I am fairly sure that there is a moult approaching and I am slightly concerned about the space to moult issue.
    I have other T`s (all terrestrials) but this is my only true arboreal so was hoping for some feedback from anyone who knows if I am concerning myself unnecessarily.
    Thanks.

Rob

If you have a look in the video section, I have a timelapse moult of my P.regalis and that was in a tight hole and it did not phase her...

Also my H.lividum moulted 2 times under ground in the tiniest of holes so i would not be too concerned.
    I am sure she knows what she is doing. (especially when it comes to making you overly worried, hahaha)
    “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Lee gives good advice as my poecilotheria moult in odd places and it goes ok.

Comment

My sub adult Poecilotheria (3) use the cardboard tubes from kitchen towels as their homes never seen one moult but they do it inside the tubes they just web up the top so you cant see in and get on with what they do.

ChrisS.

Comment

Working...
        X