Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A.geniculata moult. Good clear sexing pic :O)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.geniculata moult. Good clear sexing pic :O)

After causing me a near heart attack after 5 hours lying completely limp (prob more cos found her like that when I got up) Vinny got a wriggle on and finally shed her skin. Thought I would share a few pics of her Moult as it is a good one for showing what to look for when sexing. She's getting big now :O)

On a negative....I lost a very small Ephebopus cyanognathus this morning, it had moulted successfully but found it dead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010279.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	96280Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010280.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	96281Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010282.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	96282Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010283.jpg
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	96283Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010284.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	96284Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010285.jpg
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	96285
    Acanthoscurria geniculata, Ephebopus cyanognathus, Phlogiellus sp. "Goliath", Psalmopoeus irminia, Grammostola pulchra, Acanthoscurria geniculata, Poecilotheria striata

Congrats on the moult, & a female! you lucky thing,my A, gen moulted a couple of months ago now & it was the first good skin i managed to recover,& .......Male! you just cant tell untill you get the good moult,real'y thought he was a she up to then, still he's healthy & doing well,so will have to get him a nice big lady 'T' for him to woo!

Comment

Originally posted by martin hudson View Post
      Congrats on the moult, & a female! you lucky thing,my A, gen moulted a couple of months ago now & it was the first good skin i managed to recover,& .......Male! you just cant tell untill you get the good moult,real'y thought he was a she up to then, still he's healthy & doing well,so will have to get him a nice big lady 'T' for him to woo!
      My Grammostola pulchra turned out to be a male on the last moult, i'm still hoping it was just my crap eyesight but I don't think so. You'll just have to get yourself a nice fat femal for him and make more !!

Vinny is turning into quite a beast now. I'll give her a week or so then feed her as she's now sat up hardening herself off. Just wish my Avic would moult
      Acanthoscurria geniculata, Ephebopus cyanognathus, Phlogiellus sp. "Goliath", Psalmopoeus irminia, Grammostola pulchra, Acanthoscurria geniculata, Poecilotheria striata

Comment

Working...
      X